Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aztech Router - How to Reset

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone

It seems that we have been picking up some issues with the Aztech routers that we have in the field. We are busy investigating the cause of the problem, but in the mean time it seems that resetting your router to the Factory Defaults and then reconfiguring it will solve most, if not all the issues.

DISCLAIMER: Please make sure you have your correct ISP Username and Password with you. You will be resetting to factory default and need these to reconfigure!

Here are some screenshots and steps on how to accomplish that.

1. Step 1 is to look at the back of your router (where all the cables are plugged in). Here you will find a small Reset button. You will need a paper clip to push this button. Hold it in for about 10 seconds and then release it. You should then notice that the lights will start flashing and doing their thing.

Image5.jpg

1.JPG

2.  Step 2 is to log into your router to reconfigure it.

• Open a browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc...) and type in 10.0.0.2 in the address bar.
  • Username = admin  &   Password = admin   (it's a good idea to change these once you are done here)

2.JPG

3. Step 3 is to click on 'Quick Setup'

3.jpg

4.  Step 4 is to enter your details (remember the disclaimer above Man Surprised)

• Enter your ISP Username & Password here.
  • Change the Wi-Fi SSID and Passphrase  (The SSID is the name of your Wi-Fi hotspot that you will see when you turn Wi-Fi on your device on)

• Click apply

4.JPG

You should then see this screen indicating that you are connected. All should be good to go! 

5.JPG

You may also want to check this post:

How to setup your Telkom Aztech 700WR 3G Router

Re: Aztech Router - How to Reset

Hi,

You should filter your TR069 from WAN. Anyone can reconfigure your modems and it's dumb to leave port 7547 open to the world anyway.

Hope that helps.

As I advised to the other post of Aztech, I did the same "Factory Default to Own set up" as you show here. Regardless of "Router causing disconnection stories that I didn't belive personaly", the common RESET from Factory default without such a frimware updating/flash seems to be a first option to solve the prorblem with an odinary patience to wait a bit just in case that the unknown local work is related.  RE: Azteck 700WR, I would like to note a strange fetaure just for refence of other users. The LED of Internet (Most Right LED if you face the router) changed from "Green" to "Red" when it was 6months old. Although I took it to a Telkom shop then, I have beein using it with the said "RED light on" but working perfectly  and it's now 21months old, I am happy with Azteck especially for Wife Mac Filter.

Sorry for a type error for "Wifi Mac Filter" not 'Wife" in my pervous post.  Re: Said Lost Internet Connection of Azteck Users, when I lost internet I checked Optical Terminal End (Fiber Modem) too. The staus of three LED (PBR,Optical, LAN) were Green as usual and the working Voice/Call suggested that the my fiber line was not disconneted physically, this encouraged me to do the common self solution "Factory Reset" only,  then solved. I don't think any relationship with Azteck in my case. 

TP7

Hi Community Manager

I've reset my router quite a few times since last night.  It's allowing my devices to connect via the default name (MyNetworkName), but when I try to personalise the SSID name and password, I lose internet.  Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

Therny

I am just an user. I think that the combination "guest@telkomsa.net" (Internet User Name) can work with "Default Wireless network" only to test whether your internet line inclduing DSLAM is physically OK or not.  "Your real user name of ineternet" can work either "Default" or "your own SSID" of wireless network. So your situation seems to be "the inetrnet connection using a guest account but you try to set up own Wifi".

If so, why not do Two Steps procedures , First "Your Internet Username only  without touching Wifi" then exit,  secondly re-enter the ruoter and set up "Own SSID&Password" only. Good luck !

I found a solution, log into your router. Go into advance mode under internet change the status to activated worked for me now

I found a solution, log into your router. Go into advance mode under internet change the status to activated worked for me now

I've done the factory reset as per the instructions a few times already. It only lasts for a hour or two, and then the same problem rears its ugly head.........no internet. This is having a ripple effect as my mobile data is being eaten up slowly but surely.

Does Telkom in conjunction with Aztech not have a permanent fix for this issue?

Needless to say, I'm rather gatvol at this stage.

Good Morning,

I'm experiencing the same problems with my Aztech router since the beginning of August - Telkom Agent just advised I do a firmware update - can anyone please give me the link to an explanation how to do a firmware update?

About This Post
  • 14 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 10 Contributors