Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Re: Billed for Cancelled Order

Good Day

Have you received a response from Telkom yet?

Faatima Karani-Mahomed
Established Member

The case was closed with no feedback or solution. I made a follow up, they are saying they didnt get the device back and now I have to look for waybill of last year october to prove that I did give it to Courier.

They sent someone (of their choice) and now they want me to prove not sure why cant they ask than person they sent where he took the device too

Established Member

Glad your issue is resolved.... i am still being billed for a contract that I don't have...

Is this page even monitored by Telkom?

Established Member

Good Day

Maybe we should go the legal route... Telkom keeps deducting money every month... No one is willing to assist... The managers are always in a meeting or on training.... Staff at the call centre have no clue whats happening and have received no training at all.... If the call centre agent is unable to address the problem, they simply drop the call and it takes a minimum of 20 minutes to get through again....The Telkom systems are apparently being upgraded at the moment and.... as usual they are unable to assist....

Pathetic service from call centre agent Sizakele Hlongwa

Established Member

Nothing is resolved, they just closed the issue without resolving it.. Even now Im being billed for it

Established Member

So... The saga continues... I received a bill for R3424.76 today🙄🙄🙄!!!!! Once again, for a phone and contract that I do not have .. Went in to the store and as usual no one was able assist... The staff are not trained to deal with any issues.... And all they are able to say is 'THIS MATTER HAS BEEN ESCALATED' ... Telkom has cost me a mini fortune as well as an ulcer.... I had no option but to change my bank account as well as reverse the last 2 amounts stolen from my account by Telkom... This however does not cover half of the money taken ...
Established Member

...but obviously, no one at Telkom cares!!!!!
Established Member

Im sorry to hear this, it is very sad. Im starting to think that whole Telkom thrives on wrong debit order amount

Hi @mobbiecm I am in the exact same position. A duplicate order (Samsung S7 Edge) was delivered to me in September 2017. I reported this to Telkom IMMEDIATELY and battled to cancel this device since I received it. I have been billed for this device since October 2017. I spoke to several call centre agents who asked me to email the detail and that was also the last time I heard from them because no one replied or actioned the emails. I have their names, Nonthando Nxumal, Gugulethu Mbatha and Mohau Modise. In January 2018 I went to the nearest Telkom Store to take the device to them, they couldn’t accept it as the order was placed online. The guy in the store assisted me by reporting the case and gave me a case reference number 22293226. I waited and waited for Telkom to contact me but with no luck (several calls made in between). I completed 4 cancellation forms - nothing was done. On 11 April I phoned again and spoke to a lady Sinenhlannhla Nlangeni who arranged for the device to be collected and on the 13 April 2018 the courier collected the device. On 26 April my account was debited again and I phoned and got to speak to Rethabile. She said the device still showed "to be collected" and I informed her that it was collected on the 13th of April. She assisted me and promised me to resolve this issue. She also advised me that she escalated this issue to her Team Leader Luthando Ngcobo was going to phone me before end of business (26 April 2018). To date I have never received any call from Telkom again. Today, 3 May 2018 I spoke to a lady named Nokuthila Ncubu who informed me that the case has been closed on the system but the account was still active meaning I am still billed for it and that the device still showed "to be collected" on the system. She asked me to send her the waybill to proof that the device was collected. I did this and I have NO guarantee anything will be done to it. 

It is the 9th of May today, I just got off the phone after a 46minute call and guess what??? No difference....the call centre agent told me she herself is DISGUSTED in Telkom's pathetic service but unfortunately there is nothing she can do. She could tell me 6 escalation emails were sent to team leaders and their back office and NOTHING has been done. They owe me more than R4200 already

Pathetic is an understatement. I will never advise anyone to make use of TELKOM because its service is the worst in the WORLD. 

Established Member

Hi @CharneC@Faatima and @Jacoenlandi

I finally got the account cancelled and a refund but this was after I reported them to ICASA.

Please see check the https://www.icasa.org.za/pages/consumer-complaints-procedure and download  Consumer Complaints Form (48.26 KB)

Good luck

About This Post
  • 20 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 Contributors