Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

CONNECTING WIN7 LAPTOP TO TELKOM WIFI HOTSPOT

My wife recently acquired a 1GB ForMe contract and now wants to setup her Laptop as a secondary device on this contract. This laptop is currently running Win 7 Proffessional. We have followed all the steps for setting up a secondary device as set out on the Telkom Website but am still unable to connect to the Telkom Wifi Hotspot (1 Telkom Connect).

I understand that the Telkom wifi uses PEAP protocols when connecting. Are there maybe any special settings that need to made on the Win 7 device to install these protocols or is there something that needs doing to get connected?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: CONNECTING WIN7 LAPTOP TO TELKOM WIFI HOTSPOT

@Squareleg, there is a thread on this forum - https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/LTE-3G/Telkom-WiFi/m-p/77/highlight/true#M1088

Otherwise try this link with some instructions (havent try it though, when I go to Burger King I eat Smiley Tongue) )

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/68096/peap-authentication-configuration-example-windows-7

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Absolutely rediculous! Why is NOBODY at telkom able to give PROPER instructions how to set up a Windows 7 Laptop to use EAP-PEAP setting???

I'm pulling nails and teeth, not even the so called telkom "helP' assistance even know what I'm talking about, all the can do is read the same old info off the telkom website that I have gone over and over and over.

All it does it tell us to use " EAP-PEAP"authentication to connect a laptop to telkom hotspots, But NO WHERE and NOBODY seems to be able to tell us HOW to do it!

If you see below, all it says is "go device setting and change to EAP-PEAP or PEAP" ... But HOW and WHERE to do it on a Windows 7 laptop??

Even went in to the store. They say they have no idea!

Absolutely rediculous!

telkom laptop PEAP settings.JPG

Highlighted

Hi have you ever found a solution? Im totally frustrated with the rediculous service from telkom "help"

Highlighted

Hi RazorRob,

I have exactly the same problem in trying to change EAP-PEAP authentication settings. Went to the Cape Gate Telkom store today. No one knows how to change settings. They did not even know that a secondary NON SIM device could be connected. I had to show them where on the website it could be found. No one there could help me. They have now logged a request for a technician to phone me. Is there anybody out there that can assist with Windows 7 settings? I googled solutions, but still I cannot connect to "1 Telkom Connect"....SO FRUSTRATED!!!!

Highlighted

Hi,

On the Telkom Website on your profile, go to manage subscription. Then scroll down and look for set password.

The username will be your mobile number and here you will setup the password for the wifi hotspot.

I say thank you.

Regards

Elroy

Highlighted

Username must be cellnumber@telkommobile.net
About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 Contributors