Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Connecting a second router to a Huawei B315

Hi. Can anyone assist.

I had this set up before, but recently reset my Huawei B315 and can't seem to figure out the proper settings to get it to work again.

I'm using a B315 router to access LTE from telkom. This router is upstairs. I then run a LAN cable from its LAN port to the Wan port of a Tenda router downstairs to provide wifi downstairs.

It used to work. The Tenda router picked up the internet from the B315 as if it is was a modem, but after resetting the B315 it no longer works. Can't recall if there was a setting on the B315 that I'm missing.

It's not a cable problem. If I plug the cable directly into a computer, instead of the Tenda router, it works fine.

Any ideas

Re: Connecting a second router to a Huawei B315

Hi @VanVrede Is DHCP setup on both routers or just on one? Try post settings IP, DHCP, WiFi of Huawei & Tenda Router then can try & resolve issue easier

Thanks for the response. This is how I had it setup previously and trying to get there again but not sure what settings Im missing.

I'm using the Huawei B315 router to connect to the Telkom LTE network and provide wifi access to the upstairs portion of the house. It is DHCP enabled and uses IP 192.168.1.1 and SSID called "upstairs"

I then connected a Tenda router via a cable (from B315 lan port to Tenda WAN port). The Tenda is downstairs and provides wifi to the downstairs portion of the house. Aslo DHCP enabled and uses IP 192.168.0.1 with a SSID called "downstairs".

Hope this helps

Thanks

[ Edited ]

Hi @VanVrede

Sorry for late reply, been busy. It's holidaze Smiley Tongue

Huawei B315

- DHCP Enabled

- SSID "upstairs"

Tenda

- DHCP Enabled

- SSID "downstairs"

Default Gateway on Tenda? 192.168.1.1 (Huawei B315)

Also make sure WiFi channels are not the same.

Hope this fixes if not try this setup below.

Huawei

- DHCP enabled

- IP address 192.168.1.1

- IP Range 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.99

- SSID "upstairs"

Tenda

- DHCP enabled

- IP address 192.168.1.100

- IP Range 192.168.1.101 to 192.168.1.254

- Default gateway 192.168.1.1

- SSID "downstairs"

Use two different network ssid's and channels as well to get the best signal.

Good Luck

Hi Guys, I have a Telkom D-link DSL 2750u router (Upstairs) connected as an access point  via lan port to my Telkom Huawei B315s-935  LTE router (Downstairs). The Huawei B315s is my primary router with internet access. I need help on the following issue that I am experiencing:

Scenario

1. When I connect to the Huawei B315s I immediately get internet access but when I switch connection to the D-link DSL 2750 I only get internet access after about 5 minutes.

2. Anytime that I switch to the Huawei B315s , my connection always has immediate internet access.

note - If my initial connection is to the D-link DSL 2750 then I get connected with immediate internet access. The problem with the delayed internet acces only occurs when I switch connections from the Huawei to the Dlink.

The routers are connected together using LAN port 1 on each router. The networking details of each router is as follows:

Primary LTE router - Huawei B315s :

Ip Address - 192.168.8.1

SSID - Downstairs

DHCP - on

Channel -6

Access Point router  - Telkom D-link DSL 2750u :

Ip Address - 192.168.8.2

SSID - Upstairs

DHCP - off

Channel -9

HI All, I am in the situation where I have two of exactly the same routers B315s-936. I would like to set one up as a WIFI extender but cannot seem to get the correct way do do it. I have tried various you tube videos but none of them seem to be working. If anyone in this forum perhaps manged to set up a B315s-936 succesfully as a access point or extennder if you would not mind sharing the setting with me i would really appreciate it.

Thanks a mill

i suppose something is wrong in the firmware of your Huawei B315

Highlighted

Hi there,

In order to do this, this is what I had to do

1st router is setup with ip 192.168.8.1 (100 - 200)

2nd router is setup with ip 192.168.9.1 (100 - 200).

That's the first thing to change (IP Address of DHCP of 2nd router under the wifi settings)

The second thing to do is change the Connection Mode under Ethernet Settings from Auto to Dynamic IP

Ensure the wifi ssid and wifi password is the same for both routers

That is it.

Hi there,

In order to do this, this is what I had to do

1st router is setup with ip 192.168.8.1 (100 - 200)

2nd router is setup with ip 192.168.9.1 (100 - 200).

That's the first thing to change (IP Address of DHCP of 2nd router under the wifi settings)

The second thing to do is change the Connection Mode under Ethernet Settings from Auto to Dynamic IP

Ensure the wifi ssid and wifi password is the same for both routers

That is it.

About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 Contributors