Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

D-Link DWM157 setup for Windows 10

New Dongle Windows 10 blocks installation. Publisher not trusted. Do yoou know an work around. firmware update don't work as Modem are not installed yet.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: D-Link DWM157 setup for Windows 10

@allenh there is a similar thread about a Dlink dongle and Windows 10. Try the advise there. 

https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/Mobile-Internet/DLink-Dongle-no-longer-works-on-Windows-10/m-p/78/...

Highlighted

D-link provided the answer. The solution is as follows:

You can download the latest firmware from the link below:
ftp://ftp.d-link.co.za/DWM/dwm157/Firmware/Windows%2010/D310A_1400_V5.3.0.9_DTLW5(2.0.2ME).exe

You will need to follow the below steps to upgrade the firmware:
1.Connect the DWM-157 to your computer and then run the software provided in the link above.
2.Once the firmware upgrade is done. Disconnect the DWM-157 from your computer and restart your computer.
3.Once your computer is done restarting connect the DWM-157 again and install the new D-Link Connection Manager.
4.Everything should work again.

If the above process fails please try on a different computer.

Highlighted

Hi there guys, I followed the steps above and I still get the "blocked" message when trying to do step 3. Please help. Just to add, I couldn't delete the old d-link connection manager since this attempt was " blocked" too. That's why I deleted all instances and files of the old d-link connection manager on my laptop. Please advise. Jaak
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Jaak, are you an admin on the PC to be able to remove and install software?

Highlighted

Updated link for those still looking for firmware:

ftp://ftp.d-link.co.za/DWM/dwm157/Firmware/

Also allows you to choose different revisions. (ME or TK)

Should be on the back of the dongle

Highlighted

Hi 

I tried to run the firmware but it couldn't be installed in the dongle because the PC doesn’t detect the dongle as connected to it. It says, 

"Download failed: no USB COM detected"

Yet the dongle is connected while running the firmware. If this forum could post pictures, I was gonna post you proof. 

Highlighted

I've sorted it out. The method that you wrote here is wrong. The firmware is valid but will never install with this method. I had to figure out my own way of installing the firmware. Windows 10 will cannot install the firmware because it doesn't even detect the dongle as connected to the PC. Firmware can only be installed only if the PC itself can detect the dongle.

Highlighted

Please let me know how you did it.  Telkom Store is not interested and they know that the devices do not work on Windows 10!

Highlighted

Please would you advise how you managed the setup for Windows 10?

About This Post
  • 13 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 9 Contributors