Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

DSTV now and Apple music apps upload for LIT media box

Hi everyone

I installed my new router and LIT Media TV box over the weekend.  The  LIT TV experience is great so far.  What I need help with is how can the device load additional apps-  I have tried adding DSTV now and Apple Music and the device doesnt recognise those apps.  Please can any gurus out there help  with some guidance?

Regular Contributor

Re: DSTV now and Apple music apps upload for LIT media box

@Nastar823, I hope to get mine soon.

Maybe you can try this. Go to the Google Play store on your PC and log in with the same Google ID that you are connected on the LIT TV BOx with. Browse to the app that you want and click "Install". It will now load a dropdown where you can choose which device you want it Installed to. (check settings to make sure your TV Box is on the list of devices associated with your Google ID)

Established Member

@thesuspect  I hope so too.  I am really happy with it so far- even my mom loves it.  I did try your suggestion and I got error messages  on Google about my device not being compatible with the App.  I also tried dowloading the DSTV now app directly onto the mediabox, but didnt work either.  I will play with it for a bit to hopefully find a solution.

In the meantime, I did some reading and I came across the AllCast app.  I am going to test it  later to see if that will allow me to cast from my iPhone.  Will share my update tomorrow. 

I am getting the same error message when i try to get DSTV now and NETFLIX.

I would have thought that the default APPS on the TV box would have included the services of DSTV NOW and NETFLIX.

I hope that it is quickly fixed.. so far, happy with the youtube viewing.. Smiley Happy 

Established Member

Update:  The AllCast App worked as it promised.  The interface is very simple, so its a barebones type of experience when casting media such as music & photos from your device.  I might upgrade to the premium option to see if theres a major improvement.  I hope to see more intergration with other Apps on my phone.  Overall this is quick solution to cast from a phone or tablet.

Telkom advertisers that Dstv now app is included but can't download on the device. Clearly false advertising! I will be returning my Lit device tomorrow.

Found interesting info on this link.. will test the suggestions and provide feedback.

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/908749-This-is-the-Telkom-LIT-Android-media-box?p=205024...

Regular Contributor

I have heard from others and on MyBB that Telkom is working hard at fixing software issues and will push an OTA Update soon. I hope so, because I am waiting to get mine.

Highlighted

You need to side load the dstv now app, first you need to download aptoide tv app onto a usb stick. Then you need to install aptoide tv app on the media box, once the app is installed you can search and install dstv now app using aptoide tv. After its installed, go to the app store and download sideload launcher. Using sideload launcher u will be able to use the dstv now app, i tried this method and it works perfectly
Established Member

I really hope thats going to be the case.  Thank you!

About This Post
  • 15 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 Contributors