Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Delivery of Router + LIT Media Box

Probably not the right section for this but I don't see another that's relevant.

Signed up for the HomeUnlimited option which is fine as I received the PPPoE details and already using the account and so on.

But have received no further communication about the delivery of the LIT Media Box and Router.

Is is somewhere on the website I'm missing? Can I just walk into a Telkom shop to collect it?

Re: Delivery of Router + LIT Media Box

Have just done the same thing and the issued me with two reference numbers one of them been for the delivery waiting apprently there is a sim card involved as well intresting to see if you can go to a shop? Did you come right ?

Established Member

Nope.

I have now called, tweeted and emailed with nobody having any response than it takes 7-14 days.

Meanwhile it’s 18 days now.

Last resort is visiting the shop as I’m fed up by now.

Not what i wanted to hear if there is any updates from my side i will let you know appreseate the reply 

30th Septemner 12 am was told to go to the shop to RICA got everything else but not the sim card have the midia box and router no sim lol progressing 

Established Member

Okay maybe I’ll try that.

What’s paperwork did you need?

well i took the green ID but i also had the water and lights only needed the ID nothing else took everything from ID still a bit amazed that i got everything had a a little look at the media box seems intresting of cause  nothing for nothing so if you want to watch moves you have to be subscribed to show max or nedflex not sure how much what i found is  you can be watching a you tube vidio on the pc and you can then ask it to play on the tv via the media box quite cool hope you come right in everything

Take Care

Established Member

Best option is to go to Telkom Direct shop.  I had the EXACT same issue with my order.   I went to the shop and my order, devices included was resolved in 40 mins.

Established Member

Yup, came right at the shop directly.

Seems they got the order wrong again on the phone and didn't put it through as a contract which is why they had no inclination to deliver anything...even after I called and inquired a few times.

Re-did the contract and all sorted.

Actually very impressed with the package, didn't expect to also get a USB dongle for the SIM card.

The LIT Media Box seems like a horribly unfinished product at this point, hopefully some software updates will sort it out.

I applied for the HomeUnlimited option 20 January 2018 and till to date there has been no installation done at all.

I received a call first week of March indicating that the Technician will come on the 8th but that never happened.

Tuesday (03/04/2018) I called the call centre and they indicated that the technician will come on 04/04/2018 that never happened.

The call centre gave me the contact details of the technician, I called technician of 10 times he did not pick the calls, nor return my calls.

The service is not good at all.

About This Post
  • 13 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 Contributors