Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Huawei B315 - Firmware updates to fix slow speed

When Telkom launched LTE in 2012, we used the 2300Mhz band to offer service. It is not a common band used worldwide and as such, not all devices supported it. Last year we started refarming our 1800Mhz band for use with LTE. This is more suited to mobile devices and has less bandwidth available. Some of the routers like the B315 could now pick up 4G but on the slower 1800Mhz band rather than the 2300Mhz band that has more bandwidth available. Unfortunately these routers only allowed you to select between 3G and 4G.

We are currently rolling out firmware udates to our LTE routers that includes the Huawei B315 router. These updates will allow you to manually select the frequency band and set it to the speedier 2300Mhz band. We have thousands of these devices in the field, so updates might take until the end of August 2017 to complete.

See this MyBroadband article for further background.

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/wireless/217034-telkom-updating-routers-so-you-can-force-them-onto-23...

Highlighted

Re: Huawei B315 - Firmware updates to fix slow speed

I have a Telkom B593 router which is stuck on 1800MHz. Howcome a similar update wasn't offered by Telkom for clients who are using their B593 which was pushed extensively by Telkom to its customers not long ago? Pls advise.

Highlighted

good day

has this problem been fixed. i updated my router and now its even more slow. i cant even get to 2mb p/s.

when i put the sim in a nother router it gows over 15mbps so please het as this is n real pain.

Highlighted

good day

after updateing my B315 it is even more slow then ever has this issue been solved.

im geting up to 1.5mbps in the b315 and if i put the sim in another router i have a model E5730s it go's up to 15 mbps please help me on this issue its a real pain.

Highlighted

My router was update:  

1) the advanced wifi option no longer has a 40Mhz option like it used to

2) the wifi signal now gets disrupted when i switch on my bluetooth speak (same one i've used for months without issue)

3) I loose connection to internet since selecting 2300 

4) I have the same poor speed i used to have

Remind me how this is better again?

Highlighted

Hi, did u ever get this fixed? When I download files using my B315 modem I get not more than 150KBps, when using the same SIM in a Sony Ericsson Xperia C (As modem) I get between 600 - 700KBps. Tested the Xperia C in different network area during day time and got up to 5MBps. There seems to be an issue with my modem eventhough it displays all speed bands 2300 and 1800.

Highlighted

Thanks for sharing the firmware update link. However, after reading the feedback from the above posts, I feel nervous and considering whether I should try to update my Huawei B315 modem. 

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 Contributors