Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Huawei B315s Bad Update

I recently logged onto the 192 ip address to check some settings concerning my router, upon logging in it notified me that there was an update available so i clicked on it ans allowed it to install/do the update (11 May 2018) since then my xbox live account for gaming has frequently disconnected itself from the internet because the connection has been dramatically weakened. does anyone know how to do a software/firmware downgrade?

Re: Huawei B315s Bad Update

Hi, 

Firstly, you need check whether the Huawei B315s modem had been successfully updated. Then you can try to reset the router to factory default, and then do a new setting for your network. And then check whether the problem is still there. 

Did anyone else experience connection issues after updating to below software version on the Huawei B315s router? I have 3 sim cards sharing the same data bundle and the sim in my phone works just fine when I use it as a wifi access point, yet the router with one of the sim cards installed continue to sporadically fall back onto a 2G connection now. I have to reset it to get it back to 3G. I did a factory reset and reconfigured my router. I also forced it to 3G only but then it just starts to drop data connectivity after about an hour's use.   I swopped the simcards around but that also did not help. (Our area does not support LTE and Telkom makes use of MTN infrastructure here. I have line of sight with the cell tower. But that is beside the point since my phone's acting as a data point works just fine). 

Software version: 21.327.01.01.372

Web UI version: 17.100.09.00.03

Did anyone else experience connection issues after updating to below software version on the Huawei B315s router? I have 3 sim cards sharing the same data bundle and the sim in my phone works just fine when I use it as a wifi access point, yet the router with one of the sim cards installed continue to sporadically fall back onto a 2G connection now. I have to reset it to get it back to 3G. I did a factory reset and reconfigured my router. I also forced it to 3G only but then it just starts to drop data connectivity after about an hour's use.   I swopped the simcards around but that also did not help. (Our area does not support LTE and Telkom makes use of MTN infrastructure here. I have line of sight with the cell tower. But that is beside the point since my phone's acting as a data point works just fine). 

I experienced the B315s router started to behave badly? I have 3 sim cards sharing the same data bundle and the sim in my phone works just fine when I use it as a wifi access point, yet the router with one of the sim cards installed continue to sporadically fall back onto a 2G connection now after the below firmware update. I now have to reset it to get it back to 3G and time and again do so during the day. I did a factory reset and reconfigured my router. I also forced it to 3G only but then it just starts to drop data connectivity after about an hour's use.   I swopped the simcards between my phone and router around but that also did not help. (Our area does not support LTE and Telkom makes use of MTN infrastructure here. I have line of sight with the cell tower. But that is beside the point since my phone's acting as a data point works just fine). 

Also want to know how to revert back to previous firmware version. It never gave me any issues before the update. 

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors