Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

Huawei B525 not working.

Hi,

My router stopped working yesterday, while watching Netflix it started buffering and i wondered what was wrong checked the router to see signal light noticed that it was off, check the plug and everything was plugged in, i removed and replugged and still nothing tried the same adapter with a Huawei B315 and it was fine.

How long is the warranty? i got the router in October 2018

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Huawei B525 not working.

[ Edited ]

Hi Chilo92

Good luck trying  to get Telkom to replace the power brick swiftly.

I have a half a dozen B315's and B525's and all you need is a replacement 12v 2amp with positive polarity in the center of the front end plug.

Try your local electronic store or buy one off Takealot.com. https://www.takealot.com/baobab-12v-2-5a-ac-dc-adapter-5-5mm-tip/PLID58569865

Don't be a follower, be a student. - Jim Rohn '81
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Did you try to reset the Huawei B525 to factory default?

Highlighted

If you can't use your router's internet connection, there may be several causes of the problem Your Texas Benefits.

Highlighted
Established Member

@crazy_jack wrote:

Hi Chilo92

I have a half a dozen B315's and B525's and all you need is a replacement 12v 2amp with positive polarity in the center of the front end plug.

Try your local electronic store or buy one off Takealot.com. https://www.takealot.com/baobab-12v-2-5a-ac-dc-adapter-5-5mm-tip/PLID58569865

Hi @crazy_jack 

You think its the power brick? they tested it with some power bricks they had  and said its beyond repair i have to get another and since im out of warranty period i have to pay for a new one i already bought a new one, i will get this power brick as advised and get back to with feedback.

Thanks for the assist.

Highlighted
Established Member

@Estyle wrote:

Did you try to reset the Huawei B525 to factory default?

Hi @Estyle 

How does one go about resetting a router to factory default when it does not power up at all?

Holding in the reset does nothing when trying to power up the router. One of the first things i tried.

Highlighted
New Contributor

@Chilo92 wrote:

@crazy_jack wrote:

Hi Chilo92

Hi @crazy_jack 

You think its the power brick? they tested it with some power bricks they had  and said its beyond repair i have to get another and since im out of warranty period i have to pay for a new one i already bought a new one, i will get this power brick as advised and get back to with feedback.

Thanks for the assist.

Hi Chilo92

I have to apologise, I incorrectly read the original post and as a result my answer was wrong.

Thusfar by process of elimination, you have taken the power brick of B525 to plug into the B315 and you confirm it is working.

Have you tried the B315's power brick on the B525? Did the electronic shop say that the B525 is beyond repair? The B525 is a more power hungry modem and will likely fail to start if the voltage of the power supply drops under load or right from the start. One can use a multimeter to test the existing power supply voltage to see if the voltage isnt the culprit. If it runs way lower than 11.95 then you've got a problem. If the B315's power supply is at the same and it's not powering on then it's likely the modem itself.

Telkom should honour the warranty for the duration of the 24 month contract. Your best bet is to phone 180 or 081 180 to claim a warranty replacement.

Jack

Highlighted
Established Member

HI @crazy_jack,

Yes i have already tried the B315 power brick on the B525 and it also doesnt work.

I took it to the Telkom  store to their technician and he said it's beyond repair. Should the included power brick not be ok to power the B525? I tested the voltage and its between 11.95-11.97 or so that, both the B315 and B525 bricks are about the same.

So if i phone 180 or 081 180 to claim a replacement will they not just blame it on lightning damage like the guy in store apparantly warranty doesn't cover that i heard? I'll phone and find out today.

Thanks for the help.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @Chilo92 

I'm not sure what the terms and conditions are, but it certainly does not sound like lightning damage or over voltage as the power supply wouldve taken the first hit and blown components in the power supply first before blowing the device itself.

In conclusion, if the original power supply is good and at the intended voltage, it sounds like a component in the device itself that has gone bad and should be replaced under warranty at once by the manufacturer. Whether Telkom gives you a swop out unit or first send it off to Huawei is up to them.

Jack

Highlighted
Established Member

Hi @crazy_jack ,

I just got off the phone with them, they said i should go to the store as they can not do anything on the phone.

So i will take my last chance to take it to different Telkom store and see if i can get sorted ther, one last trip then i give up.

About This Post
  • 10 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 4 Contributors