Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Huawei LTE B315S unstable connection

[ Edited ]

I have a Huawei B315S LTE router that keeps dropping connection. Sometimes it's a few times a week, sometimes several times a day. Rebooting the router always fixes the problem but I don't wish to keep doing this.

When the connection's down the signal strength light on the router is always very good but the network mode indicator light changes from a steady cyan to a steady dark blue. 

To test if the problem was an unstable power source I tried plugging in the router at different power points and even a different house, but always with the same results.

Any advice?

Moderator Moderator

Re: Huawei LTE B315S unstable connection

Hi @Denisd Have you found a solution yet to your query. Is it the internet connection that is dropping, or is it the wifi connection that is dropping?

Have you tried logging into the interface to setup a new connection perhaps?

output_Svao80.gif

Both the internet and wifi connection drop. Problem persists.

Moderator Moderator

Hi @Denisd Not sure but, sounds like it could be a firmware issue. I assume you've checked to see if you have the latest firmware version?

output_Svao80.gif
Highlighted

Thanks for the suggestion, but I checked the firmware and it's up to date.

Contributor

@Denisd, maybe try taking your router to work for a day and see if the same issue occurs. Could be you are loosing signal to a certain tower in your neighbourhood? Would need to log that to 081180

Established Member

Im not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. But hopefully i can help. I have a standard B315, the Cyan colour represents LTE (which we love) the dark blue is 3G (not so much) .
In order to stop my router from switching back and fourth or even losing connection.
I go to the main software screen on my computer (www.homerouter.cpe) and under "Network" in the settings menu there's an option of 4G, 3G, 2G etc.

Automatically its set to auto which switches between the two. Try setting it to 4G only.
Change your antenna setting to external antenna's 1 and 2. Remember to log out (guess it helpa with the save process)

Hopefully this helps.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!

About This Post
  • 12 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 9 Contributors