Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

LTE Antenna Installation - Uncapped Wireless Broadband

[ Edited ]

I've received the router and the antenna.  But it is an impossible task to speak to anyone at telkom regarding the installation of the antenna.  I have been forwarded to the "relevant department" a million times.  Right now, I have been holding for more than 15 minutes.  Telkom is useless with backing up this service.

However, the LTE service have been working quite ok without the antenna installed.  It really is a good deal at R599pm.

Has anyone here installed the antenna on their own and have increased speeds/ connection reliability because of the antenna?  Can anyone give some advice on installing the antenna and/or finding where the base station is?  I have experience in installing DSTV dishes - can one use that same signal strength meter on the LTE antenna?  Honestly, I would rather install the LTE antenna on my own and do a clean and propper job than have some stranger do a half-#ss job.

Re: LTE Antenna Installation - Uncapped Wireless Broadband

I agree. I have my LTE working but am waiting for someone to come and install the antenna. This is the biggest problem with Telkom - finding a responsible person. Calling the call centre is a waste of everyone's time. This forum seems like a great idea - but I'm thinking it might be like "shouting into the wind". Did you ever get anyone to come and install your antenna? Or any idea about how to make it happen? It seems crazy that when they deliver the LTE device they don't give a contact email/number for technical team who will install the antenna!

@quintinholder wrote:

I've received the router and the antenna.  But it is an impossible task to speak to anyone at telkom regarding the installation of the antenna.  I have been forwarded to the "relevant department" a million times.  Right now, I have been holding for more than 15 minutes.  Telkom is useless with backing up this service.

However, the LTE service have been working quite ok without the antenna installed.  It really is a good deal at R599pm.

Has anyone here installed the antenna on their own and have increased speeds/ connection reliability because of the antenna?  Can anyone give some advice on installing the antenna and/or finding where the base station is?  I have experience in installing DSTV dishes - can one use that same signal strength meter on the LTE antenna?  Honestly, I would rather install the LTE antenna on my own and do a clean and propper job than have some stranger do a half-#ss job.

Hi,

This seems like a good idea yes. Good platform among users, as we dont get any help from Telkom.

I have a B593 LTE router and live in PTA East. Since a few days ago I only seem to be getting 3G (Green light flickering). Is this a network thing or my signal? It has been working?

What I want to know is, is there a type of antenna that I can install that will increase my signal/reception? I have been told by tlkom there is no device, but see on the internet there are antennas available.

PTA East is a bit on the edge of the network coverage on LTE, but if I get an antenna it will surely help?

Thanks for any comments/help in advance!

It seems to me that there is a total miscommunication at Telkom. I have applied but did not have any reply since December from Telkom but yesterday the technicians wanted to install my router and antenna which I don't have.

bit of a late response but, yes, signal can be improved, I got my download speed up from 15Mbps to 38Mbps and my upload speed from 2Mbps to 8Mbps with an XPOL-0006 antenna from Poynting, I've tested it on both the B593-601 as well as the B315-936, signal stays stable more than it does without the antenna, hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply!

Will my standard modem be able to connect to an external antenna? I dont
see a port? Or do you use the 2 ports for the antennas supplied with the
modem?

Price?

Thanks again.

Regards
Francois

Has anyone had any joy in getting their antenna installations resolved?

[ Edited ]

Hi Sir 

We can help u with the setup of your LTE antenna Cell: **removed for privacy**

No antenna installation for me. But then I've only had my router for a month. I see some people on this forum asking about installation after three months. And believe me , I havent been resting, I've been to Telkom (twice) Called the call centre (numerous) been promised a "call back" (once)...............NOTHING.

Moderator Moderator

Hi @Nashtims, please advise if you are waiting for the antenne to arrive, or have received the antenna and waiting for installation?

output_Svao80.gif
About This Post