Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Netgear N750 LAN Ports not working

I have a problem with inactive LAN ports on my Netgear N750 router. I can connect well through wireless. I have tried swopping the lan cables around but the problem persists. The router is still new. I have also tried with a D-Link DSL3750 Router and still no luck. What could be causing this mayhem? 

Occasional Contributor

Re: Netgear N750 LAN Ports not working

@Hulu Hulu? Really now? LOL

Have you checked on your PC if the "ethernet" (under Network Connections) is not disabled?

On Windows 10 (I think 7 & 8 also) right click on the Start Button and select Network Connections, then right click on "ethernet" and select "enable".

Established Member

Thanks, but the PC is working allright. Its a locked down PC from work. I setup the router via wireless through the ipad. Either the problem is in the router config or the ISP.

Thing is I have some dumb terminals connected via cable to the router. Denon Amplifier, TV and blue-ray player. All of them cannot connect. Assigning of IP is set to DHCP dynamic. The only static IP I have is apple TV so that I dont have to refresh my DNS every now and then to watch Hulu.

I used automatic setup and not the custom. This is quite a strange one!

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hulu. Mr Hulu - yes, very strange. But am sure the problem is very simple, via elimination.

So the Apple TV is working just fine through the router? and on any of the LAN ports?

A wired/LAN connection usally does not require any configuration, except when you wish to use one of the LAN port as a WAN port.

ISP cant be the problem if you are getting an internet connection via wireless connection.

Have you swapped out the LAN cables?

Established Member

Yes, I have.

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors