Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Very slow 4G, technitions closing faults, very poor signal

Dear Telkom mobile

Since I received the Hauwei Router in may it started off as fast and effective internet.  After a month there was no more signal, if we were lucky maybe 2 stripes on 4G.  Turning it to 3G we would receive interrupted signal.  Logged the query with Telkom.  Eventually a technician came to our premises and suggested that the modem's tower needs to be changed because our house is lying in a dip.  He said someone else who is able to do that would come to our home.  After waiting anther two weeks, the technictian cancelled the appointment twice.  A week after that, I received an sms saying the fault is closed.  I went to Telkom again and logged a complaint (after waiting an hour and half in the que).  No one followed up and it is already Feb 2016 now.  

I tried resetting the modem on my own, but now it does not accept any password so no internet wifi at home and I am paying R400 for no service.

Please send a technitian who is competent with everything he needs to fix our signal.

Proof of poor signal strength and extremely slow up and download speed

4G down and upload speed.JPG4G signal strength.JPG

Moderator Moderator

Re: Very slow 4G, technitions closing faults, very poor signal

Hi - just a reminder that the Community is not a place to report Service related issues, but rather for peer 2 peer support. Please make use of some of these channels:

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
output_Svao80.gif
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Very slow 4G, technitions closing faults, very poor signal

Can this device take an external attenna ?  That would seem like an obvious answer to me?

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors