Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Wireless fixed line

I had the new wireless fixed line delivered to me in July, I have been trying to configure the wifi on it. According to book and the box I can use it as a wifi router. When I took it in to the telkom store they looked very confused. They asked funny question first and then I was told to take it a hotspot to use the fixed line. Can someone help me with configuring my fixed line to use it as a wifi 3g router.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Wireless fixed line

Hi @prashika

I think the ' wifi hotspot' only means the setup on your FLLA  home network  - setup issues were resolved in this forum thread for same wireless phone AGP-KW125: -

https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/Phones-Tablets/Fixed-Wireless-Phone-Internet/m-p/3033#M40

“directions on setting the hotspot up.

• Press the menu button, navigate to the Connectivity icon (last icon, bottom right), press OK
  • navigate down to number 5 (Internet tethering), press OK
  • goto no 1 (WLAN Hotspot), press OK
  • use the right direction switch until no 1 display On
  • navigate to no 4 (security mode), use direction switch to right to change the security mode (either open network or WPA2 PSK)
  • if WPA2 psk is chosen navigate to no 5(password) and input a password of your choice
  • press save
  • press Yes to Share phones Internet connection, it will state Please wait and when ready it will say OK.

Your hotspot is now ready to use.

If you want to check your usage, and you have a an Android cell phone, download the Telkom Mobile app.

If you want to check your usage, open the app and navigate to the top menu item (view balance) select it an it will show you your balance of usage for the month.”

Hope this helps. Please let us know what happens - good luck. 

Highlighted
Established Member

Hi Kathy, I tried the settings but it keeps telling me invalid password. Even when I put my own password, or the default password it doesn't allow me to save. Can you please assist. I'm trying to set this phone from the 4th of July.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi @prashika

Sorry to hear you're battling but I don't use the wireless device ( we use fibre at home ).  Try calling 10210 ( early 8 am best)  and ask their technical dept to confirm your contract password and guide you through the device set up . 

They were very helpful when we had setup problems last year. 

Good luck - hope they get you connected soon.

Highlighted

Waya Waya - Wireless Service on Prepaid - DWR-720/P

Telkom delivered a DWR-720/P for a prepaid line for the pending Fibre line they rolling out as the copper line will be discontinued

Question is after the phone is charger and SIM inserted, what needs to be done to get it working?

Telkom not very helpful on the phone

Does the SIM need to be RICA first?

It was charged and sim card installed but theres no dial tone

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Waya Waya - Wireless Service on Prepaid - DWR-720/P

Hi @munz

Sorry to see no-one was able to help you. Bit late but I could only find the manual for your phone setup.

ftp://ftp.d-link.co.za/DWR/dwr720p/QuickInstallGuide/dwr-720-p-a4-qig.pdf

Hope you came right meanwhile,  if so appreciate if you'll let us know what you did - thanks. 

Highlighted

I have recently received my new telkom wireless phone 2 weeks ago. I have tried but to no avail to reconnect the line. The line is completely dead. I cannot make calls or receive. Was I suppose to reactivate the line? How do I go about doing this?

I thought this was a stremlined process and did not expect to have any issues.

I require your urgent assistance.

Highlighted

Re: Waya Waya - Wireless Service on Prepaid - DWR-720/P

Got my phone delivered by courier 23-10-2018. No help from Telkom. One person from call centre says you need to rica sim, another says no they will just get around to activating it. Anyway did not rica it and finally got activated 5-11-2018

Highlighted

Can anyone help am trying to get extension on DWR 720 phone .

Emirates asks me to rail 1/2 when l press 1 it says not done?

Jammie

About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 6 Contributors