Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

what does synchronization mean?

My internet is down for almost 15 days (I don't know I pay bills for what) and I reported the problem like and the status is fixed "ASSIGNED TO TECHNICIAN". I don't really know when his majesty will showoff but I am waiting or attend to the issue. As the internet stop suddenly, we start by doing wire changing and so on to avoid what called unnecessary call. Then I call Telkom and they said the problem is "synchronization", what does it mean?  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: what does synchronization mean?

Hi @basit

‘ No synchronisation’ just means Telkom’s internet signal from the exchange is not reaching ( or synchronising with) your home equipment. Telkom's technician will trace and fix the line fault so that your router can pick up the exchange signal correctly ( or synchronise) to restore your internet.

It often takes a while for technicians to trace a line fault so yes, a lot of patience needed - meanwhile you could request escalation by emailing your details & fault ref. number to support@telkom.co.za .

Telkom accounts do pass credit on your next bill - from the fault date until your connection’s restored.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted

Thank you so much for this Kathy1,

it looks WHILE is really a heck of time! According to the operator, the technician needs first to check the exchanger.

Thank you for your suggestion, I already escalated the issue and got another ref number. I believe there should be some alternatives when something like this occurs; no internet while the landline is working.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi @basit

You’re welcome !

We’re also customers in the community, unfortunately can’t help much with service ( no Telkom support agents in the forum) .

I also received fault escalations from Telkom call centre for internet problem last year,  but my line was fixed after emailing the details and fault refs to  support@telkom.co.za  If you don’t hear from a technician soon it might help to send an email - just to make sure your fault is properly logged in Telkom system.

Yes, the technician will usually check your line at both Telkom exchange and your home.   

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors