Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

wifi router configuration

Guests at my home in Durban might have accidentally pressed the reset button on my Huawei wifi router and now don't have internet. I'm in Cape Town. Telkom told me that because I'm in Cape Town they can't help and said the guest must call 10210 with my username and password and they will be led through the steps to reconfigure the router. The guest tried this and was told by the operator that Telkom can only deal with the owner, being me, who is in Cape Town. Can anyone help? 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: wifi router configuration

Hi @MarkyMark

Telkom would only give you access as subscriber / owner for your own security. If you shared your password and username and the router was incorrectly set up by your guests ( albeit accidentally ) without the necessary secure settings, then your network & data could be accessed by anyone in wifi range.  

… If you trust that above won’t be a problem then Telkom’s set up guide might be useful for your guests  : 

The Telkom Easy Guide to set up your Huawei LTE Router.

When you get home you might want to change your router settings so that you can remotely access it yourself online in future.

Hope this helps.

About This Post
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors