Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Internet of Things

by Blog Author Telkom on ‎18-09-2019 12:13 PM

Internet of Things is a fascinating thing in the world of technology which has a big potential to make our lives so much easier and convenient. If you’ve never heard of the term before, we’ve got your covered with a crash course on it.

What is IoT?

Internet of Things, usually abbreviated as IoT, is the ability for everyday objects to talk to one another over a network, just like how we make calls to one another over a mobile network.

How does this work?

This is done by assigning unique identities to these objects giving them the ability to transfer data without a person manually doing this. For example, being able to switch the lights on and off at home while you are in a different place.

This can be done through an app so that you don’t physically have to be at home and manually put the light switch up.

Is it convenient?

The convenience and security this brings is immeasurable. Now you’ll no longer have to call the neighbour to switch your lights on for you when you’re away on holiday, you can do that yourself while sipping on cocktails on a beach in an exotic island somewhere, how nice.

South Korea is the leading country in this, allowing people to connect their homes to smart devices. A simple example is smart fridges that allow you to check what’s left in your fridge while you’re at the grocery store!

There are smart devices available in the South African market and we will see an increase in this in the coming years. Is your home ready keep up with the times? Make sure it is by keeping your home connected with home internet solutions like the UNLIMITEDhome 10Mbps fibre offering from Telkom at only R807pmx24  https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/shop/home/plan/unlimited-home-fibre-10Mbps-planvariation/

Comments
by luvuyom3
on ‎30-10-2019 12:10 PM

Hi guys i am so disapointed by your customer service desk horrable service. I am even inteding to port to a diferent service provider after i spent more more than 4 years with you guys. I cant review my data balance and other balace related services and your customer care could not help me on this regard. If you care for your customers then you assist me on this problem.My number is as follows 0767002520. 

Thank you in advance

by EnhleManax
on ‎08-11-2019 03:04 PM
I have advice for:0767002520
Please don't save your number as your name because you can get an unexpected call ......the bad one as in a threatening call... i am here to give advice to Telkom users....

ŤHÄŇĶ Ü!!!🤗🤗
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
I am a Telkom user who is fed up by their service..
First of all the MoreNice options is always changing becoming more expensive ( that’s the only reason I’m using it because of MoreNice)
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
Second of all, the network coverage.. wtf is TelkomSA-R !!? Did we ask for that?. But every time I move location the network coverage changes, and it recommends I use all net data... I never buy all net data, I buy more nice.
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
So when I move from PTA to Bloemfontein, I just have to wait a day or two until the network decides it can reach my location ( in the city).. what’s that!!! Nxn
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
Thirdly, I can guarantee that a month will not pass without having problems with MoreNice..
“This service is currently unavailable” mxm im tired
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
I can’t wait till Starlink is going to be available Worldwide!!
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
Conclusion, just **bleep** Telkom!! Nxn sies
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
I said fuuucckk Telkom
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
My numbers 076 810 2945.. do me a favor Telkom, just block my numbers
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
Telkom must fall
by EnhleManax
3 weeks ago
Stop swearing and taking your anger in Telkom
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
@EnhleManax I will do so
by EnhleManax
3 weeks ago
Good...... and you can't remove all those stupid comments of yours and if the community sees this your in trouble...😏😏😏
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
Ohh geez I’m so scread 😏😏. The community won’t know who I am. Telkom does know but if they let that info out I’m suing. And I want more people to realize that it’s not right what they are doing
by EnhleManax
3 weeks ago
Your so so wired just note that there are moderators here and they might check and 'someone ' can report you..😂😂😂😏😏😏😏😯😯😯😯 ...so know what you gonna do..
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
Let’s chat private msg
by minion89
2 weeks ago

I really like your site and especially this post with lots of good and informative information. Very helpful to me.

mapquest directions

by TelcomSucks1
2 weeks ago
Don’t lie to yourself, Telkom sucks..
by EnhleManax
2 weeks ago
by EnhleManax
2 weeks ago
Stop posting negative information and you don't know what @minoin89 thinks he was giving his own opinion you also have a different opinion about everything.If you don't like Telkom than why do you use anyway? If you think Telkom sucks than stop using it switch to a different network thats a reasonable thing to do.The dumb thing is that you use it but still think what they are doing is wrong if we appreciate what they are doing its our opinion not yours.

..........Think about it:
...........Thats why they say "Think before you ink"

by EnhleManax
2 weeks ago
And to think i am a 1 year away of being a teenager and i think so wisely and your maybe a grown old man who sits on his coach bad mouthing everything.....Wow!!
by TelcomSucks1
yesterday
lol good one