Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Why it’s important to check your coverage before purchasing a Telkom Product

by Blog Author Telkom on ‎10-01-2019 08:00 AM

Purchasing a new internet service is a really exciting time for nay household. Finally getting connected and enjoying the pleasures of using WiFi throughout your house can be a rewarding experience when it comes to streaming your favourite shows, staying connected to social media or using your mobile devices to make internet calls on the cheap.

We’ll be discussing the importance of using the Telkom generated coverage provider before ordering your services. The purpose of our handy coverage tool is to ensure that you get the best and fastest connection that your geographical location can provide you. Whether this means using faster technologies like Fibre optic or using a standalone router such as LTE technology, there’ll be an option that fits your area and budget accordingly.

In order to check your coverage, you need to do the following:

1.  Head over to https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/ucm/
  2.  Enter your address into the search bar and find your address on the map
  3.  Use the filters to change between 3G, LTE, Fibre or VDSL
  4. This will help you determine which product is the best area
  5.  While you’re here you can also see our hottest deals and search for the nearest Telkom WiFi hotspots

Our coverage map is just another fantastic innovation from Telkom that we’re proud to offer our customers for pure convenience! Ensure you click on it before moving over to the next step and get connected with Telkom!

Comments
by Chris0623
on ‎17-01-2019 01:48 PM

Before purchasing any telkom product, go read any review on www.hellopeter.com!

by jeanjvv12
on ‎01-03-2019 08:39 PM
mesh network ... 💋
by EDT
on ‎19-03-2019 10:29 AM

So I check the map, and they indicate my new address in our one (ok maybe two) horse town is eiligible for the Unlimed ADSL 4...... Yet, the unreachable ghosts in the "backroom" indicated that my service cannot be relocated - as there is no infrastructure availaibility. In 4 weeks I have not had 1 call from Telkom, yet I had spent probably 4 to 5 hours phoning Telkom. When I phoned the local Telkom Tech (who is anxiously awaiting the job order from Telkom to do my relocation), he burst out laughing! I have not had such incredibly bad service from any company before. I had been promised call backs within 24 hours, probably 6 times - even from managers - Nothing. ALL I WANT IS THE SERVICE I PAY FOR - O yes, apparently billing works fine as I have received my invoice!

by orenlabs_com
on ‎09-04-2019 12:42 PM
Very important to check coverage some people live in rural areas especially if 4G is concerned and area cable theft.
by blackiyto
‎12-05-2019 01:18 AM - edited ‎12-05-2019 01:19 AM

mesh network ..

DigitalOcean SiteGround iPage

by yelobek
on ‎16-05-2019 08:12 AM

This is a blog you can find better stuff right here
crypto courses
make sure you can check it out

Article Stats
  • 6 comments
  • 0 kudos