Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Z’khipha More Goals as Telkom Knockout Tournament is launched!

by Blog Author Telkom on ‎09-10-2019 03:54 PM

MEDIA RELEASE

09 October 2019

The 2019/20 Telkom Knockout (TKO) competition was launched in Johannesburg today amidst fanfare and promise for more action, more drama and (Z’khipha) More Goals!

The draw for the 2019 edition was also conducted in an event attended by all the 16 clubs participating in this tournament.

Baroka FC, the reigning champions, will lead the charge as they attempt to defend a trophy they won against expectations at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in December 2018. They face stiff competition from 15 of their colleagues from the Absa Premiership.

Once again, the supporters will be central to this year’s tournament. Telkom, which has been an official sponsor of the tournament for 13 concecutive years, will be giving away daily cash prizes to the value of R1 million.

PSL acting Chief Executive Mato Madlala said she expects the 2019 edition of the Telkom Knockout to produce more magic and to once again be the point of discussion amongst football fans from October to December.

The final of the Telkom Knockout will be played on 14 December 2019 at a venue that is yet to be announced.

Gugu Mthembu, Telkom Executive for Brand and Product Segments said: “All hands are on deck and we are ready to see drama unfold on the soccer field. There is a lot on the cards for Telkom customers and we promise an amazing tournament this season.”

Telkom Knockout fixtures 

Highlands Park vs Black Leopards

Maritzburg United vs Bidvest Wits

Cape Town City vs Kaizer Chiefs

Mamelodi Sundowns vs AmaZulu

Supersport United vs Baroka

Orlando Pirates vs Stellenbosch FC 

Golden Arrows vs Polokwane City

Chippa United vs Bloemfontein Celtic

ENDS

For media enquires, please contact:

PSL:

Fhatuwani Mpfuni:

076 022 3144

Fhatuwanim@psl.co.za

Telkom:

Mooketsi Mocumi

081 425 0044

Media@telkom.co.za

ABOUT TELKOM

Telkom SA SOC Ltd is a leading information and communications technology services provider in South Africa. Our mission is to seamlessly connect people to a better life. We carry this through in all our brands, whether at the consumer, business or wholesale level.

Telkom consists of the following business units: BCX, an end-to-end digital solutions provider; connectivity and wholesale division Openserve; Telkom Consumer; Telkom Small & Medium Business, also managing our marketing provider Yellow Pages, formerly known as Trudon and our retail business, property company Gyro.

About TKO

Below are the previous winners:

Silver Stars

3-1

Ajax Cape Town

Kaizer Chiefs

0(3)-(2)0

Mamelodi Sundowns

Ajax Cape Town

2–1

Orlando Pirates

Kaizer Chiefs

2-1

Ajax Cape Town

Kaizer Chiefs

3–0

Orlando Pirates

Orlando Pirates

3-1

Bidvest Wits

Bloemfontein Celtic

1–0

Mamelodi Sundowns

Platinum Stars

2–1

Orlando Pirates

SuperSport United F.C.

3–2

Platinum Stars

Mamelodi Sundowns

3–1

Kaizer Chiefs

Cape Town City

2–1

SuperSport United F.C.

Bidvest Wits

1–0

Bloemfontein Celtic

Baroka FC

1–0

Orlando Pirates

Comments
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
Telkom is by far the worst service provider, the only reason I’m using it is because of the MoreNice options but they always changing them..
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
What kind of service provider offers more than two kinds of network coverage... every time I move to a different city the network changes, wtf.. from PTA to Joburg... is there no network there nxn
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
Aii Telkom!!.. I’m so disappointed.. nxn,
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
MoreNice: “This service is currently unavailable” every two weeks..
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
TelkomSA-R 😂 .. eish yaaa ne , Telkom knows how to Fxck us over.. Telkom is smart actually... just disappoints to see such poor services
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
No one person is responsible,, I cannot call the call center and tell them this, they have nothing to do with it... Telkom the company as a whole is responsible, and people will continue getting Fxcked in the azz by Telkom
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
I predict the MoreNice will change becoming more expensive before the end of 2019...
When that happens, I will no longer have a reason to use Telkom, and I will gladly burn my SIM card,
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
The only reason I’m using Telkom is because of the data deals on more nice. That’s it. Not because of its Network speed (lol) , not because of the Telkom to Telkom minutes (lol), I don’t know what else could be a good that that other provides don’t offer.. but in conclusion, I use Telkom because of MoreNice...
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
So make MoreNice more expensive please
by EnhleManax
3 weeks ago
@TelkomSucks1

Hello... i gave all those kudos
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
🤣🤣I see @EnhleManax thanks, I just needed to let that out
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
Now how do I remove my comments
by EnhleManax
3 weeks ago
What's so funny.. And eskisi you can't remove all your comments 😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣😂
by TelcomSucks1
3 weeks ago
It’s funny cuz you actually liked them🤣🤦🏽‍♂️, now I just feel bad.. but my reasons are legit.. if this happens again This feeling is only going to repeat
by EnhleManax
3 weeks ago
No🤮🤮🤮🤮🤢🤢 your very weird.. i don't want them dude..
Article Stats
  • 15 comments
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Browse by Category