Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Account INCORRECTLY suspended

Telkom once again has proven to me what bad customer service is.  My account has been suspended due to a misunderstanding or system issue on THEIR end. I called as soon as I picked it up (before the suspension) and when the lady from the call centre couldnt figure out what was wrong she dropped the line.  My account has now been suspended inconveniencing my entire life - I called yesterday the lady on the other line (whose name I didnt write down) apologized profusely and said my issue would be sorted between 2-48hrs - unacceptable but because she was apologetic I accepted it. 

I called again today because I know Telkom has no REAL escalation process, just to find out if my case is being dealt with. I spoke to a very rude and useless SENZO NHLAPO , who was very disrespectful and whilst not assisting me at all with my actual problem felt the need to assist me with MY basic manners instead ( Is this part of his job description?). He told me my account was blocked because of an amount in arrears in December -DECEMBER...that's four months ago. Telkom would never allow me to have a running account for four months if I hadn't made a payment.  I check my statements and this is absolutely absurd. I ask to speak to a manager and I am told after a 30 minute wait (and waste of my morning) that this manager is on another call. 

I am here still with a suspended account and no cell phone access and angry as hell. I expect urgent feedback from Telkom

Moderator Moderator

Re: Account INCORRECTLY suspended

Hi @NodumoDee, I am sorry that you have had this experience. I just need to draw your attention to the fact that this Community is a peer to peer support channel where customers can help each other based on common problems. We unfortunately do not man this forum with Service agents, so please make use of our other channels. Also familiarize yourself with our Community Guidelines

• Log and Track a Fault online
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store
  • Download our App: 

output_Svao80.gif
About This Post
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 Contributors