Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Bad communication

I am very upset, to say the least. I received an exuberant bill. Account 249902096067.  When I call 10210 I spoke to a lady who told me about pro-rata and the time frame of applying for an upgrade. The point is at the call centre, they did the upgrade but did not tell me about the effect it will have on my account. The call centre agent just took the details for the upgrade. Bottom line some of the agents is too eager to take the sale but I believe also that he/she should have taken the time to explain to me how It will affect my bill with the change at the time, as the other lady explained to me.  I believe and was said that you do not pay for an upgrade but only when you downgrade. I upgrade for the Uncapped for R499.00 per month, and my total bill will be 510.00 including the rental of the land line excluding the usage which is acceptable because my usage per month is less than R30.00. The bottom line is that the call centre agents should be trained to informed clients of all aspect concerning the purchase of any package and hidden cost involved whether you upgrade or downgrade. This is a total exploiting of customers right. On top of it, the billing department tells me that I will now pay R610.00 monthly. What is this? Do the sales people at the call centres know how the Billing system works? If they have told me that I'd rather declined it.  I am a single parent with a budget and Internet is important for me because I have a daughter who is still in Varsity. And on top of it if a downgrade now I will be penalised. It's a pity i can't express my disgust and unhappiness in more aggressive language. I'm not upset I'm fuming. 

The Consumer Protection Act, No. 68 of 2008 was signed on 24 April 2009.

It aims to: 

• Promote a fair, accessible and sustainable marketplace for consumer products and services;
  • Establish national norms and standards to ensure consumer protection;
  • Make provision for improved standards of consumer information, to prohibit certain unfair marketing and business practices;
  • Promote responsible consumer behaviour;
  • Promote a consistent legislative and enforcement framework, related to consumer transactions and agreements;
  • Establish the National Consumer Commission; and Replace, in a new and simplified manner, existing provisions from five acts, including the Consumer Affairs (Unfair Business Practices) Act of 1988; Trade Practices Act of 1976;Sales and Service Matters Act of 1964; Price Control Act of 1964; and Merchandise Marks Act of 1941 (specifically Sections 2-13, and 16-17)
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bad communication

Hello there we are consumers just like you. We are not Telkom

Typing your message in one long bolded paragraph is too much for my eyes.

Please edit your post and remove the bold font and add paragraphs and then maybe someone can try to help you!

Thank you

Moderator Moderator

Hi @Nicoline I've directed your query to the billing team to investigate. Hope they can sort this out for for.

output_Svao80.gif

Thank you

Thank you
About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors