Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Being charged after paying my account

I took out a contract with Telkom in August, my first payment was due on 5 Oct and I paid that via EFT in September. I continued this pattern by paying via EFT the month before the due date month. Everything was going fine until I made the payment due in January on December 28th. But for some reason they tried to debit my account on January 6th(it bounced because I didn't have a reason for having money in that account because all of my debts were paid for the month) even though I already paid for it in December. I've tried speaking to the online agent and they kept insisting I owe them.

Going to the store didn't help either even though the evidence was clear as daylight on her computer where it showed I had 4 invoices and made 4 payments not counting the 5 invoice due in February. I emailed their billing department but they haven't gotten back to me.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? How did you solve it?
Highlighted

Re: Being charged after paying my account

I'm going through the same problem and it's driving me insane.

I've been on a contract with Telkom since March or April 2019 and everything was going smoothly, until December 🙆🏽‍♂️
Telkom debits my account on the last day of the month, I got paid on the 10th in Dec. So somewhere around the 20th, I could see how my balance was going and I got worried that the debit order might bounce, so I paid via EFT, thinking it's the safest option. Boy, was I wrong 🤦🏽‍♂️ that decision is messing with my life right now 😠

I received an SMS or two saying that I need to call Telkom due to my missed payment, but the same SMS also said "ignore if you paid", which I did since I know I paid.

Jan 25th, Saturday afternoon, my account gets suspended. Worst timing because the people from accounts aren't available so I had to wait until Monday. And oh, they debited their money, which was supposed to be done on the 31st, but it's ok, it was theirs anyway...

Come Mon, I called again. My query was escalated, problem "solved" but I had to wait for 24-48 hours to be reconnected. Went to a branch hoping to get connected with the people from accounts, but they put you through to the same consultants I've been speaking with over the weekend.

Started getting SMSs again on Thursday late afternoon, about my account being in errears. I called Friday morning to try and resolve this before I spend another weekend without a phone, which seemed to have went well, but I got suspended again Fri night 💆🏽‍♂️ so I called and was told that I'll be reconnected in 5 hours, that was at 19:07... It's almost 07:00 now and I'm still locked out from making calls or anything 😠 and I need my phone to make a living...

How am I supposed to pay them when they're the ones keeping me from earning money?

We need a contact number that leads straight to the accounts and collections departments because it's clear that going through consultants first isn't working out for some of us...
About This Post
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 Contributors