Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Billed for Cancelled Account

cancelled my Telkom landline and ADSL line on the 02/10/2017 - to which, I received a confirmation email, detailing that that the cancellation would be processed in 21 working days. 

Despite this, I received another bill the following month. In response, I called your call center on 13/11/2017 where I spoke to Yolani (mgwaliyy@telkom.co.za, call reference number: Yolani 13/11), she advised me that while the ADSL line had been cancelled, the landline had not. She proceeded to cancel the landline - of which I have email and SMS confirmation. 

Despite this, I received another bill the following month. In response, I called your call center on 13/12/2017 and spoke to Lungile (call reference number: 184545388A). She advise the same thing - that while the ADSL line had been cancelled, the landline had not. Similarly, she proceeded to cancel the landline - of which I have email and SMS confirmation. 

Once again, I was billed the following month. With my bill sitting at over R600 - I called the call center again on 11/01/2018. I spoke to Clarissa, who advised the same as Yolani and Lungile - that while the ADSL line had been cancelled, the landline had not. She, too, assured me that she had now processed the landline cancellation. However, she advised that I would still be liable for the previous month's bills. In addition, she failed to send me any email or SMS confirmation. I spoke to Clarissa's manager, Nosipho - however, our call was cut short, as I ran out of airtime. Nosipho advised that she could not call me back and gave me her email address. However, her email address was invalid and did not go through. In light of our discussion, I am dissapointed that she made no attempt to get my contact number or email and contact me.

I called the call center again on 11/01/2018 and spoke to Fikile Gazu. Fikile was certainly the most helpful person I had spoken to, thus far. She advised that the landline cancellation request had been processed and sent me the following email:

"Please note that your cancellation order was stuck on the sytem has been escallated , reference number is 2734730 , please note as well that charges on the account will be backdated accordingly"

I have little faith that this has been resolved and wanted to post this in the hopes of finding other people who have experiened that same issue, as well as have a record of my communication with Telkom. 
Established Member

Re: Billed for Cancelled Account

Wow... i feel your pain.

I dont know why we are with Telkom, for the past month I have had no phone line...line has been DEAD.

They charged me though lol.

I am constantly using my mobile and considering moving completely to mobile and doing away with this "service" they provide... as in the past year... i have had 4 periods of line been not working for 2 weeks... 

now its 34 days!!

i hope you get your money back... we work hard for our money and they STEAL it... from us.

its sad the country we live in.

I had also canceled my account but on the 31st of October, which means I will be billed up to 1Dec2017. My debit order went through for the entire month of December and got a bill for January 2018. If I phone telkoms client service center at the bills department they just say I never canceled and they will escalate my case, I have phoned more than 20 times and nothing happens. So now i have to wait and stop the debit order every month to ensure that Telkom doesn’t steal money from my account.

Hello

The sad news is that TELKOM does not care. They do not care about your query

I have a cancellation I put through in July and still being billed. I do not know how they conduct business. And when you have a query, they are the last to help you but the fastest to sell

Last time I will ever to business with telkom. Their customer services are horrifying 

I absolutely feel your pain !!!!

I cancelled my account on the 29.08.2018 (through the online portal). I was provided a dispute reference and noted that within a month I would be Telkom free (What a joke). On the 05.09.2018, a gentleman Steven calls me (during working hours). I inform him that I'm at work and should call back later however, I want to cancel my account (No where in their cancellation policy do they state that they require a voice confirmation from an agent). Steven fails to call me back however, on the 06.09.2018, Telkom SMSes me to confirm that may case has been resolved (I am of the belief that this means I'm finally Telkom free) . I switch to WebAfrica (do yourself a favour and move there - they GREAT) and continue my happy life with WebAfrica.

On the 05.10.2018 I am debited from Telkom!!!!! I spend numerous calls and hours on the helpline and email address links. Finally they inform me that Steven so graciously continued my contract (cancelling my cancellation request) because I was busy at work and asked him to call back later. I am yet to receive a call-back from Steven and have continued to be billed ! 

Have any of you guys been reimbursed? I want to stop the debit order from my bank.. does it work? 

Hi there people the same is happening to me i had 2 adsl lines one for work one for home in june 2017 i cancelled the work line since i was not at that adress any more , i paid the outstanding bill witch i have proof of on my bank account, they made a mistake and paid it to my home account it did not reflect a + on my account now two 2 weeks ogo a dept collecting company called me and told me that i was handed over for this account in witch i told them that this is what happend and i will not pay for somthing twice take me to court or do what u whant i forwarded the stuff to them , now telkom says they received the money but i am stil lyable for the account pfffst i am sorry was not my mistake will not pay for it again 

TELKOM is up to @@#$$%^#@ i agree with u that telkom does not worry abbout your problem or any thing elss for that matter but they are quick to hand u over for there mistake

Hi there people the same is happening to me i had 2 adsl lines one for work one for home in june 2017 i cancelled the work line since i was not at that adress any more , i paid the outstanding bill witch i have proof of on my bank account, they made a mistake and paid it to my home account it did not reflect a + on my account now two 2 weeks ogo a dept collecting company called me and told me that i was handed over for this account in witch i told them that this is what happend and i will not pay for somthing twice take me to court or do what u whant i forwarded the stuff to them , now telkom says they received the money but i am stil lyable for the account pfffst i am sorry was not my mistake will not pay for it again 

TELKOM is up to @@#$$%^#@ i agree with u that telkom does not worry abbout your problem or any thing elss for that matter but they are quick to hand u over for there mistake

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 Contributors