Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Billed for a line that is not installed

Hi All

i had asked for a telkom data line to be installed in June 2018. and when we order this you are automatically billed.

teh technician called me on 26 June 2018 to advise me there are no cables for telkom in my area so the line was never installed.

to date I am being billed for a line that does not exist.

I have called Telkom every month since to remove this and they said they have  to send a technician to confirm no line exists.  Till now no one has contacted me. so every month when i receive the bill i am in arrears for soemthing non existant in my home.

and i was asked why am not paying it !! really!!

so even after going to the telkom store twice and calling the call center every month , after 30 minutes each time explaining the same issue, i receive my bill this morning and nothing has been done. I was said pay it once by a telkom call centre assistant and she said they will pay me back when they sort the problem.  It is now 6 months since i asked for installation and they have not sorted this bill!!

how inefficient is Telkom!! and when will this be sorted out!!!  how bad is your customer service agents that when you apply for a line they dont know the areas that dont have a line anyway and data lines or call lines cant be installed at all!!!  if they said that initially then i would not have ordered a line and be sitting in this position. The billing reflects i am not paying which in turn hurts my credit rating. if Telkom does not sort this soon i will have to take them up for hurting my rating.

any advice on how i can get them to do their jobs!!

Re: Billed for a line that is not installed

Sitting with the same problem...

Requested install a few months ago. No install but getting bills. Went to a telkom but no help there. Tried the help lines but no help there either. Tried the online chat route  but no help there. I've noticed a trend 

Any suggestions? 

Surprise surprise, its been three weeks, several calls to the "help line",  two visits to the queue formally known as the telkom store, and I'm still getting billed for a line that I don't have. 

It's the level of service I've come to expect from telkom.

The story so far...

Three weeks have gone by, and yes I have again visited the telkom store and made a few failed calls to the miss-named help centre.

I'm now getting automated calls with threats of blacklisting if I don't pay the full outstanding balance.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER YOU USELESS TURDS!

I DONT HAVE A LINE INSTALLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprise surprise,  I got an sms saying my service has been suspended, and another account from these dumb-**bleep**. 

I DONT HAVE A LINE YOU DUMB PIECES OF $H!Ť!!!!

Good luck to all of you poor souls who are struggling with TelDom

Hi, I have also been billed for a line I didnt have. 

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 Contributors