Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Carrier Billing - Google Play Store - Telkom - cannot add it to my play store account

So I realised today, after having my new phone for two months, that I cannot add Telkom as a payment method in Google play store. 

I have tried only using my mobile data with my Telkom sim then access play store and its payments centre. But it does not appear there.

Is this functionality now unavailable? 

or is there now a different way to activate it?

Not sure if its my plan. I changed from a business plan to a freeme plan when I upgraded

Valued Contributor

Re: Carrier Billing - Google Play Store - Telkom - cannot add it to my play store account

Hi @Silverwind83

Could be a Telkom system issue re the upgrade - presumably your Free me plan is a new 24 mth contract so you’d reset the Google Play billing options from scratch ? 

Haven’t seen any function changes reported - their website says ALL Telkom mobile customers can buy apps, games and content from Google Play.

Try calling 081180, or if no joy there post a message to a Telkom media team - they respond well with decent feedback.

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

Hope this helps.

Re: Carrier Billing - Google Play Store - Telkom - cannot add it to my play store account

Yeah I cannot seem to remember if they asked about it during the upgrade or if there is USSD menu that i should enable it on.

Where do I find this Telkom Media team?

Valued Contributor

@Silverwind83

We're customers in the forum ( no link to Telkom) so can't help much re service.  I posted the links to media teams (Twitter or Facebook.)  

We had to reset 'the works' on a contract upgrade last year  but not sure about Google play ,  we don't use it. 

You might find USSD details here : http://secure.telkom.co.za/today/shop/plan/freeme/

Thanks will check it out

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 Contributors