Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Re: Complaint

why is it so difficult to cancel a telkom contract????

Highlighted

Dear Telkom

I was called by one of your sales consultants on the 24th of June 2020 about a promotion of upgrading my 50 SmartBroadBand wireless to Home unlimited 10Mbps (Ref 246780334A). I was adviced that there will be a cancellation on my wireless device as soon as I have my fibre and I was happy with it. Fast forward, I waited for 7 to 14 working days and still nothing. Called 10213 countless times until today, I logged on my Telkom App and it qoutes "SAD TO SEE YOU GO ( Service ID TIN3595817) ". I called the customer service to ask what is happening and I was told that The technician DID NOT FIND YOUR PLACE so he cancelled my installation. WHAT IS THAT?????? I am very angry with you telkom for lack of communication with your customer...... How do you show up at someone's place without them Knowing that you will be coming??? NOOOOOOOO man, this is not how you deal with your customers. I AM GOING TO MAKE A NOISE ABOUT THIS UNTIL SOMETHING IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angry Customer

Highlighted

Complaint

I moved house on 29 May 2020.  As per Telkom's rules I logged a call to move my line to the new house.  I received no response and subsequently I logged two more calls.

Eventually we phones Telkom and was told to wait for a response which never came.  In the meantime I moved and had to contact a new supplier since I need internet at home since I work from home.

Now Telkom has handed my account over.  I tried to fight this yet I am getting nowhere.  I was told this morning that I cannot cancel the account since there is an outstanding balance AND they charged me the new months' subscription increasing the outstanding balance.

So where does this leave me?  The account keeps increasing, I cannot cancel it and I have not used the pathetic service since 29 May 2020.

This is an absolute farse!

Can someone please tell me what to do since I am now at a loss.  I do not know who to explain this to anymore.  It seems that no matter how you explain, no one knows what to do.

Highlighted

I had to x2 contract phone with telkom  Customer number:502596494 & 502771661 and i have settled them in November 2019 but i hqve received  a letter of demand Section 129 ,i m puzzled  now becuase i did call you guys and ask the balance it was paid but now you saying i m owing you how  i dont understand?

About This Post