Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Complaint

Good day

My name is Zimbini and i sent 2 complaint emails asking for someone to get back to me about my billing and no one has ever contacted me

Good day

I have been getting billed incorrectly for months now, I called Telkom and was told that my matter is being sent to management and that they would call me back but that hasn't happened,I am beyond frustrated and would like to cancel my contract

Good day Ntshidiseng.

Do you mind helping me follow up on the issue I reported on the 8th of June about my ID used to open fraudulent contract? Telkom is trying to debit me and they are going to place me on a blacklist for accounts that I do not own. I do not know who to contact directly and I have submitted all required documents to you on the 8th of June for escalation and you told me they were submitted.

Kind regards.

Dear Telkom,

Telkom complaint- Account number  338212578

i bought my phone in March 2018 and the phone was delivered without a sim card and i have been not been usingthe data and airtime for 4 months now

01 May 2018 : I then spoke to a lady called Jeanette Boitumelo Rantlhane from the retentions department she the asked me to buy a new sim so that she can move my current number which is 082 and i can get all the services that i didnt get for the past months.

11 July  2018 I  bought the sim and gave Boitumelo all the details and she then switch my sim card off and i have been sending her emails and she kept on making empty promises when i told her i am using my phone for work she sisnt even apologise for the inconviences Telkom Agencies are very rude.

16 July 2018  I Called Telkom and spoke to  Lerato Dlamini which i was put on hold for an hour just to speak to a manager because of my issue she was busy telling me that she can't transfere me to Boitumelo i understood that but she couldnt understand that my phone has not been working for a week now and i have been paying fo serivices that i dont even use.

she hanged up on me after an hour i called again  i then spoke to pinky makhoba  after 45 minutes of Holding i then managed to spoke to Snenhlanhla Thabethe that made promises that she couldn't keep i am not sure she was even a manager she never assisted me with anything when she promised me that she will speak to Boitumelo and give me feedback via email she never did she is not even respondinf to my emails i dont have a phone till to date people can't get hold of me because of telkom.

31 July 2018  Today will be three weeks and nothings is happening my phone is still not working Boitumelo keeps on making me a stupid asking me is it working and she know is not when i send her emails to call me she never calls i want you guys to come and take your stupid phone and give me my mumber back you service is very poor you don't care about your customers .

i will only get feedback via emails i don't have a sim because you messed it up.

Regards

Zanele

Yes we like your affordable data, minutes and bounce airtime everything and SMS because everyone likes affordable , but I don't think u should treat your customers like this, I've been trying to call you guys for 5 days wanting to do a sim swap , but every time your consultants are busy and a person will wait for ages to not even get assistance, I mean like our numbers are for important purposes that's why need them back. Please help me. 

Complaint

Complaint: HDSL line still not moved! 7750060005030597774

We have been waiting since 19 Feb 2018 for our ADSL line to be moved. After a month, we called in and cancelled the line. Case number 24662486. (30/08/18) The lady on the other line said they would cancel the line as we had moved, and that when we were back in our house, they would re-instate the line. We have been in a new house for 3 months now, still no telephone line or adsl??? We have been to Telkom on numous occations, but they keep saying that accounts is going to issue credits for outstanding invoices in the time periods after we had cancelled. We are still receiving bills from Telkom, the latest being R4,425 for a service not utilised in 8 months. We are sick of no one responding. We are spending huge amounts on cellphone data, and just want our line put in and adsl turned on. We will gladly pay for a service that is being used. Please can someone finally resolve this and contact me! Otherwise our next step is the ombudsman. We look forward to hearing from you. Leigh Long 060 931 8488

It is so frustrating to log a call for the same problem for almost a month, getting different responses like your account has been suspended because you have not paid your invoice, yet you have a credit balance on your account plus you have already paid an invoice that is due in 2 weeks.
On that note, a "chat" is suddenly cut. You connect again, you are told that

Im trying to cancel my Telkom account.  However, I am experiencing register/log in problems.  I CAN'T LOG IN ONLINE.  WHAT IS THE ALTERNATIVE.  This is so frustrating.  Every time I call customer service I am diverted to another extension advising me to cancel online.

Telkom: Unethical, fraudulent and extremely poor service!

I have been with Telkom for the past two years which has been nothing but a nightmare!

On 8 December 2016, I purchased a Smart One Rate Deal contract with Telkom at R99 a month. As part of this contract, I received 12 GB data per a month (2 GB day, 10 GB night), with a LTE MiFi device. The duration of this contact lasted for a period of 24 months, and was to end 8 December 2018.

Ever since purchasing the contract however, I have experienced a number of issues:

1. The data was not capped, even though I specifically asked the sales represented to do so upon purchase of the contract. This resulted in an increased rate for January 2017. I then went to the Telkom store in Clearwater upon receiving my statement to cap my “supposedly already capped data”. However I then received inconsistent account statements, always resulting in an increase of additional amounts.
  2. Additionally, I was being charged on a monthly basis for “add on internet bundles”. Upon querying this at the Clearwater Telkom branch, I was told that we “subscribed” to this service. Asking for proof of this transaction, nothing was provided and I was still being billed an increased amount. After a period of several months, this issue was rectified with no explanation provided.
  3. The contract expired on 8 December 2018 however, on 27 December 2018, the sum of R647.57 was deducted from my account. I returned to the Clearwater Telkom branch and spoke to a call center agent from the store. She had informed me that as per my December statement, I was required to pay an amount of R147.56 as my contract was ending in December, however there was a internet usage amount for R500 which was added. The querying of internet usage amount resulted in another answerless question. I did however receive the explanation that it was an issue with the billing department which they would need to rectify.
  4. Additionally, the call center agent informed me that I had purchased a new contract 19 days prior (this can be verified with recordings). I HAVE NOT purchased any additional contracts with Telkom, to which I requested the details of this new contract. She had informed me that she would get back to me regarding this matter. The next day (29 December 2018), I received an SMS with a new case number for this query.

As per 15 January 2019, I “owe” Telkom a fee of R1173, have an ghost contract taken under my name but cannot be provided with details of such a transaction, a unresolved case number, is still paying for a contract which was supposed to have ended on 8 December 2018 (breach of contract)!

Not to mention the extreme inconvenience and added time and money spent calling the Telkom call center and frequent visits to the Telkom stores!

How do I rectify this and move on from this headache called Telkom?!

About This Post