Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Contract Cancellation & Billing

Good Day

My mobile contract came to an end at 30 April 2017, I sent through my cancellation form on the 23/03/2017, unfortunately I sent this to the incorrect email address (servcancellation@telkom.co.za). However, I received an email stating that the cancellations department would contact me in the next 20 working days, I was not aware or informed that I actually sent this email to the wrong email address.

However I called Telkom about 3 times to follow up and only on my 3rd call did someone actually pick up that I had sent this to the wrong email address. I was told then to send the cancellation to the correct one and I asked them to please escalate this as a matter of urgency on the 26th of April 2017. The person that help me on the phone said I could also email it to them "mnqwaznm@telkom.co.za" which I still had no help or response from them.  I called again and cc'ed the person that help me in the email "mofokett@telkom.co.za" on the 28th and no response. I once again called yesterday to find out what is happening, and no one could tell me ( as if you have not received my cancellation email yet) once again I emailed and cc'ed the person that helped me "celez@telkom.co.za".

I had been debited at the end of last month "R99" with for some reason did not go through (which, I thought went through, as I received the message from my bank) only a week later did I get a message from Telkom stating the payment did not go through.

When I spoke to the women yesterday, I asked her to give me the banking details and confirm the amount, which she said is "R299" I am SHOCKED!!! R200 penalty fee! but I am willing to pay.. then this morning I receive an sms from the bank saying that Telkom is trying to take R398  out of my account!

I would like this resolved ASAP!!

I refuse to pay R300 more than I should and I want my contract cancelled ASAP!

Not one person has contacted me or responded to my cancellation email (which I have sent about 5 times).

Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Contract Cancellation & Billing

Hi i have the same story i realy dont know what to do the dont respond to any emails
Highlighted
Established Member

Hi i have the same story i realy dont know what to do they dont respond to any emails
Highlighted

I've been trying to cancell my contract for six month but I'm told my contract is still active but suspended. I sent the cancellation 4 times and they got acknowledge 2 times but never recieved a call from telkom. Tried to call the service desk and they said they'll escalate to the cancellation division because cancellation dont have a number I can call them on that was 2 weeks back. I have not received a call to this day. I just received another statement. Someone from telkom called me telling me my debit order didnt go through, I explained to her i've been trying to cancel this contract for six months, and I've since cancel the debit order with my bank. She promise to help cancel my account but nothing was done till this day. Can someone please tell me where can I escalate this as it's been going on for so long. 

Anyone that know the goverment department where I can report this please send me an email on xolilewarren@gmail.com or 0786100972. 

From Xolile Dyosi

Highlighted

Hi I also have a problem cancelling my land line and ADSL services I would like to find out if you were assisted

Highlighted

I asked telkom to cancel my contract on the 13th of November which supposed to be expired on the 30th of November. they told me that it will be cancelled in 21 days which supposed to be on the 05th of December. since then i have been calling, 3 or 4 callcenter have asked me to send them the email request which i sent to cancellation, but no one is responding. they are charging me every month, and also i had to deposit R1400 at the beginning of my contract. Telkom has to refund me my deposit back and also the money they are debiting. 
Please help

Highlighted

Can you please assist with the cancelation of my land line. 0128033042. Forms was send 2018-03-08. I have phoned Dispute no 24981641. I have again Incident no 4050258. I get zero communication from Telkom, just invoices adding up, and threating letters to pay. Please help.

Highlighted

Good Day

My name is Olebogeng Gaetsiwe  0732232102 ,I would like to cancel my contract with immidiate effect.I will also need a letter that shows that the contract is cancelled.Thanks

Regards

Olebogeng

Highlighted

I would like to cancel my contract with Mondo telkom sim only contract that I applied for as I am not happy at all and will like to cancel my contract with Mondo telkom as there is no help at all that I am getting due to this matter. The was an agreement of payment that was made and of which consultant said I will only pay a small amount of R99 a month for a 10gig day and 10gig nightsurfer and for two sim cards I will only pay about R197 or so but not more than R200 and already my first bill I got said I have to pay about R494 of which was not the agreement we had,therefore would like assistant in cancelling this contract and prove fo letter to how it has been cancelled as I did not sign up for such and I'm receivig no help with this matter from mondo or telkom.

Kind Regards:
Frank mokasepe
O681407506
About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 8 Contributors