Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Debit order rejection fee and open cases with no replies for two months

I phoned in to change my banking details and got confirmation it would be changed. After first month of debit order not going off in the correct bank account the same day I went to go make the payment. I got charged debit order rejection fees logged cases for the passed two months no one has touched it I went into the store to change it the debit order fixed but each call I made to telkom and even click to call in the store doesn't help me worst service ever
Highlighted

Re: Debit order rejection fee and open cases with no replies for two months

Telkom is just a BIG a joke!

Highlighted

It seems like we are in a ghost town here! No agents to help with queries! Nothing works! Their website is just dead! Just don’t Telkom if you need to get your problem solved. Walk into a branch and fall into a long queue!!! Pathetic service indeed!

@Lucinda15 wrote:
I phoned in to change my banking details and got confirmation it would be changed. After first month of debit order not going off in the correct bank account the same day I went to go make the payment. I got charged debit order rejection fees logged cases for the passed two months no one has touched it I went into the store to change it the debit order fixed but each call I made to telkom and even click to call in the store doesn't help me worst service ever

Highlighted

It seems like we are in a ghost town here! No agents to help with queries! Nothing works! Their website is just dead! Just don’t call Telkom if you need to get your problem solved. Walk into a branch and fall into a long queue!!! Pathetic service indeed!

@Lucinda15 wrote:

Highlighted

Money has been deducted from my account for past 3 months but now Telkom is claiming I have been reversing the yet my bank statement is not showing any money being reversed instead it shows Telkom deducting
Highlighted

Highlighted

Now they are saying I must pay for these money. Wow Telkom is a joke and robbing people. To think I would recommend them to anyone that is just pathetic
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi @Lucinda15 @Luvuyo @Teddy

Sorry to read your posts . We’re also customers in the community so unfortunately can’t help much re service ( no Telkom support agents in the forum) .

I’m guessing here but looks like Telkom’s system is not correctly updated with your contract & corresponding  bank details for some reason.

If you’ve still had no help from 10210 call centre,  try messaging a Telkom media team to lodge an urgent accounts dispute.  

Include your contract details , payment amounts & dates , any case numbers you’ve been given, and if possible a copy of your latest Telkom statement highlighting the disputed charges.  Also email this to   support@telkom.co.za  & be sure to request a formal accounts dispute reference. 

Telkom media support teams usually respond quickly with good feedback and decent results. 

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

Hope this is of some use . Good luck, please do keep us posted re what happens.

Highlighted

Thanks a lot you for assisting but just to share how incompetent Telkom is
I do not get any statements from Telkom and I am tired of requesting it,
however thanks
About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 Contributors