Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Incorrect billing

I am unhappy with my latest Telkom bill. Telkom recently upgraded my line to fibre and they offered a "free" speed upgrade from 2MBS to 10MBS for 3 months. Once this expired it was to autimatically revert to the old line speed - I even had a call from a Telkom agent asking me if I want to keep the 10MBS speed and I said NO. I am now however being charged for 10MBS fibre even though I opted not to keep on this after the promotion ended. Telkom’s service is extremely disappointing – I am currently overseas and there is no number that I can phone (at my cost) to get hold of a consultant. I eventually managed to get someone to lodge a dispute online but I have had no feedback fom Telkom.

Is there an international number which I can call to resolve this or better an email address that actually gets read and responded too?

Highlighted

Re: Incorrect billing

The exact same thing happened to me. I wonder how many other people the caught with this so called "free" trial. 

Worst of all is that I'm moving to an area without fibre, so I am being charges for a contract I didn't sign and a service I can't use.

Since no one from Telkom has responded to your post in two weeks, I'm sure they are in no rush to rectify any wrongs.

Sad.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Hi @halfpad, you are able to contact our service reps via Social Media (facebook and Twitter) as well as our online chat - 

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store
Highlighted

Just beware they won't fix it but only log a dispute which will take 7-14 working days.... can you believe it?

Highlighted

Good day

I'm also annoyed by the fact that i was debited on the wrong date which resulted in the debit order being unpaid and charges incurred to my account.

i would like an explanation as to why was i debited on the date that i didnt sign up for, and would like to be reibursed that fee that i was charged as a result of your error.

I tried to send a chat so that i can get an explanation, but no one answers the chat, you just get a message that says " some consultant will be with you" and it just keeps looping.

Please get back to me.

Regards

k

Highlighted
Established Member

And the dispute gets bounced back and fourth between departments or service reps with us not being contacted. What a joke.
About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 Contributors