Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Migration Penalty Charge even though I DID NOT MIGRATE!!!

Good day dear Telkom

I am at a point where I am seriously considering of cancelling this contract of mine with you guys.

I had a contract with you guys from December 2013, I wanted to upgrade this contract of mine last year September.

When trying to do so, the agents kept telling me that it is impossible to do so because I have already upgraded in March and that my contract was only 6 months old, So I, as a anyother individual would be, was like WTF?!?!?!

When did I upgrade? and if so, where is my upgraded phone??? Should that not have rang alarm bells for possible fraud???

Only after multiple calls and complaints and cases logged, did we finally learnt that there was an error on your side of the line, that you guys renewed my contract.

Only in Novemeber was my upgrade done, however at this current state in time, from December till date I am being billed an additional R250 Migration Penalty Charge, which I was promised instore that I would not be billed for.

In January I contacted the customer care line, regarding the  migration penalty charge, a case was re-opened, however still no feedback regarding it!

So I again called today,  after 30mins of waiting for a customer care agent, inally spoke with Victor, and he was of no help at all whatsoever.

He kept stating that the case has been logged and that there is an agent that is attending to it, but however failed in answering my question as to how long is the turn around time because this case has been pending for 4 months now!

Now it is ok for Telkom to take their sweet time to resolve the case, but as the paying customer it is getting really irritating because every month I am paying an addtional R250 for no reason whatsoever!! By the end of this month I would have paid R750 for no reason!!!

I really do look foward to your response.

Regards

Angry paying customer!

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Migration Penalty Charge even though I DID NOT MIGRATE!!!

@KD Please note that this site is for Peer 2 peer support. Telkom does not attend to Service related queries here. Please make use of the following channels - 

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10120 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store

About This Post
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors