Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Monthly Payments: COVID-19

Good afternoon,

I joined the Telkom Mobile network last month and have my first payment due at the end of this month. I work in the events industry and due to the COVID-19 outbreak, my employer cannot afford to pay us during this time as all events have been cancelled.

This morning we were given notice that we will have to apply for UIF (see attached) for the three week lockdown period, after which the situation will be reviewed. With the effects of this pandemic on society in other countries, I am bracing for an extension to the situation as we will not be able to resume business until events with large numbers of interacting people are allowed to take place.
I have also been told that UIF payouts have been capped at R3500 per person for the next three months, after which government will review. This is a more than 80% drop in salary for me.

As I am sure many people are attempting to deal with this issue, I would like to know if Telkom will be allowing pauses on payments while keeping people services running? I know that many industries are attempting to give people grace as we deal with the effects of this virus.

I anxiously await your response.

Kind regards,

Jaryd Sage

Highlighted

Re: Monthly Payments: COVID-19

I'm also in the same boat and eagerly awaiting an answer. I called in and the operators had no answers. I went to the store where I had opened my contract and they did not have any answers either.

Its frustrating to not have an answer.
Highlighted

Yes it is frustrating dat m also in da same boat and we never call for dis lockdown to happen ,so can some from telkom please give us an answer
Highlighted

After reaching out to Telkom.

Hi Chantel, thank you for reaching out to us. Sorry for the inconvenience caused, as per your contract terms and conditions your contract needs to be paid every month. ^ZM

This was the reply I got with regards to my enquiry. It would seem Telkom will not be helping anyone during the lockdown period.

Utterly disappointed.
Highlighted

Thanks for the advice how do we go about applying for this facility?

Highlighted

service is really bad

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 Contributors