Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Moving from debit order to direct payment

Hi,

I currently have four contracts with telkom: cellphone, 2 modems and a router.

I am currently having issues with my current bank account with unauthorised debit orders and so forth, so i have made a decision to just close the bank account and open a new one.  Due to the current issue i am facing i would like to move away from debit orders all together and made direct payments to telkom for all the contracts.

I would like to know is it possible to have an account where i can deposit money into and if not what are my option because where i am standing i am not willing to share my new bak account.  I have tried calling 081 180 to hear directly from Telkom, but i cannot get through to consultants.

Thanks.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Moving from debit order to direct payment

Hi @Priscilla2

We’re customers in the forum,  sorry but only a Telkom support channel can attend service issues, options here  :-

https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/Announcements/Telkom-Service-Channels-How-to-get-Help/m-p/1768#M13

Try calling 10210 accounts dept. for help re your payment options ( early 8 am best) and/ or send a detailed message to a Telkom media support team - usually best for good feedback and results.

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

Hope this helps, good luck.

Hi Kathy1,

I was able to get hold of the accounts department.  Thanks.  

They are saying I have to make sure that i pay my account 10 days before the day debit order is scheduled to deduct money.  Should I do this as instructed then there wont be a debit order in my bank account.  I will do as instructed.  I also found out i can do a stop order and even pay using my credit card should i wish to do so.  

For now i a happy because i will no longer be using debit orders.

Valued Contributor

Hi @Priscilla2

You're welcome! Thanks for upate -  I also found the accounts dept. very helpful . Not sure how long it takes for payments to clear Telkom system,  so might be on the safe side to give them a call a few days after you make the first payment - just to confirm no ' auto ' debit order will go through.   

Hi Priscilla1, 

Did they ever provide you with the banking details to pay Telkom directly? I would also prefer to do it this way, instead of via the EFT on the telkom site. Please advise if this is possible.

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors