Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Overbilled - Bad Speeds - LTE uncapped

Why am i being billed 940 instead of 799 for lte.

This was never explained to me at any stage.

If this continues i will cancel as i did not signup for a 24 months to pay this amount.

Secondly the speeds have never even reached half of what is promised in you advertisements.

Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Overbilled - Bad Speeds - LTE uncapped

[ Edited ]

I would contact the call centre or online chat and ask them why you are being overcharged. 

A guess would be you have been charged pro-rate for half a month when you received the router.

To be honest I was on a 4mb ADSL line and rarely got 2.5mb as ADSL is copper and a best effort service. I received my LTE router this week and have checked speeds every hour. Minimum was 7.8mb/s and max without poynting antenna was 18.35mb/s. Again this service is dependant on other users (that is why they have only limited stock per area) and how far you are from the tower.

Do you have your poynting antenna installed?

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hi Adriaand

Thank you for your reply. 

The Bill was definately pro-rata or something to that effect as the new bill came with the correct amount.

As for the speed, yes the poynting antenna has been installed. however i must admit the speeds were much better before the antenna was installed.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Hi @westry016, I see you were assisted. Why not give credit by accepting the solution.

Highlighted

Hi Adriaan

So tell me this...i paid the pro rata because they disconnected my internet. So they added a R260 reconnection fee which is fine and which i have paid altogether with my bill. I have a R599 deal and now they charge me almost again R800 for the new month. I pay eft so i am just gonna stop paying it and get a new isp. I also had to struggle 6 month s to get my tv lit box out of them and i finally got it. The tv lit box was suppose to be complimentary with the deal and they still charge me R1099 on my bill.

So tell me what must i do because i have a 2 year contract and i have been struggling with the idiots from the start.

Regards

Highlighted

Hi Adriaan

So tell me this...i paid the pro rata because they disconnected my internet. So they added a R260 reconnection fee which is fine and which i have paid altogether with my bill. I have a R599 deal and now they charge me almost again R800 for the new month. I pay eft so i am just gonna stop paying it and get a new isp. I also had to struggle 6 month s to get my tv lit box out of them and i finally got it. The tv lit box was suppose to be complimentary with the deal and they still charge me R1099 on my bill.

So tell me what must i do because i have a 2 year contract and i have been struggling with the idiots from the start.

Regards

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 Contributors