Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Porting existing Telkom prepaid to Telkom contract

Hi, 

I currently have a Telkom prepaid line but would like to migrate to a contract.   Am I able to keep the exiting number I have in place when I port/migrate to the contract?

Valued Contributor

Re: Porting existing Telkom prepaid to Telkom contract

Hi @MelM

We’re customers in the forum,  but Telkom agents will gladly help you with you with available options. 

New August deal details here :-

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellular/174176-telkom-deal-of-the-month-smartphone-and-1gb-data-for-...

Visit a Telkom store consultant to arrange migration , or call their sales  dept.10213 . You can usually retain / port your current number to a new contract.

Hope this helps.

Re: Porting existing Telkom prepaid to Telkom contract

Hi 

I ported my number from Cellc to Telkom mobile but have been experiencing difficulty. My cellc sim is still active and I dont get any incoming calls and SMSs to my new device. The reason I upgraded was to have a new phone with clear audio during calls. But somehow the porting was a failure. I have been struggling to get into contact with the consultants at the shop as they keep telling me that they will get into contact with me, but they do not. 

All my incoming stuff still goes to the old device and my outgoing stuff shows my own number (from cellc). Only when telkom numbers call me, the incoming is to my new device. But that's not what porting is supposed to do. Please give me a relevant number where I do not have to wait for more than half an hour to get into contact with a consultant. 

Regards.

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors