Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with the R500 Spend Limit setting on my Telkom Mobile account

I signed up for a FreeMe 1GB account in September. I asked for the Spend Limit to be set at ZERO but instead it was left at the default R500 amount. I'm still trying to sort it out.

See me blog article for the excrucuating detail. 

http://donnedwards.openaccess.co.za/2017/12/telkoms-r500-per-month-ripoff-on-r229.html

If anyone else has had this problem, please reply to this message or email me. I am planning to go to the Advertising Standards Authority to force Telkom to specify the R500 Spend Limit in their adverts.

Re: Problems with the R500 Spend Limit setting on my Telkom Mobile account

Why would anybody go for a R369/month special deal, and then slap on an additional R500 spend limit???????????????

Established Member

Hi. Similar issue. Limit was also R50. Made the wrong choice by upgrading in Jan. Only to find spend limit went back to default R500 without me knowing.

Then the promotional 10gb data does not get allocated to my contract due to a sales glitch.

Now they say the charges are valid. Oh no they ain't...

Did you have any luck sorting it out as we currently have the same issue. 

Hi there, 

Hope you well.

I had no idea about this either and had a huge go at the consultant with regards to this today. 

They did not even advise me of this now they speak of the sms that was sent which makes no difference to me considering i wasnt even told about this in the 1st place. Did you guys get any feedback with regards to this? I am sooooooo irrate. 

Instead of going to such extremes, you can just set your limit to zero in the app or on their website.
cp2

Good day

I am having the same issue, I specifically told the consultant who sold me the phone that I do not want to go over my limit of R500, I am still struggling , called the number more than 15 times, and still not sorted.

I have also been hit with this same issue.

I took a new Freeme contract for an S10e. Was informed that the spend limit will be zero.

Half way through the month and I get an SMS telling me I'm R100 away from the spend limit.

@DonnEdwards have you had any luck with your query?

That only comes into effect on the NEXT billing cycle. So even if you knew about it on day 1 you still get nailed for the first complete month.

@DieLyn wrote:

I have also been hit with this same issue.

I took a new Freeme contract for an S10e. Was informed that the spend limit will be zero.

Half way through the month and I get an SMS telling me I'm R100 away from the spend limit.

@DonnEdwards have you had any luck with your query?

No. They just refuse to budge. I got a partial refund in the form of a credit.

About This Post
  • 10 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 8 Contributors