Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Refund

[ Edited ]

Is is next to impossible to cancel a contract with Telkom.  After struggling from September 2017 with this, I finally get the landline cancelled last month.  Receive no bill after that and NO REFUND.  Told to pay a certain amount.  Turns out to be R 100 too much.  No there is no way to get the refund. Absolutely HORRIBLE experience, day after day after day...  So glad I have moved away from Telkom.  Once my mobile contracts expire I won't renew either - that is if I can get them cancelled at all. Should I just accept that Telkom isn't the least interested in rightfully refunding me?  Honestly, what an absolute DISGRACE.

Established Member

Re: Refund

I have the exact same issue. Telkom owe me money on both my landline and data contracts but getting money out of them is like trying to squeeze water out of a rock. 

Same issue here

I have called telkom billing 5 times, sent the cancellation request 4 times. I even have a reference number for the cancellation and a reference number for the refund

Telkom's customer service in this regard is absolutly shocking!!!!!

The manager at the call centre can even help to resovle this problem. I am currently on hold. i will never use telkom ever again

TELKOM, please can some one address this issue. As a consumer i have a right to cancel a sevice and be refund accordingly

Re: Refund / cancellation

Same issue here

I have called telkom billing 5 times, sent the cancellation request 4 times. I even have a reference number for the cancellation and a reference number for the refund

Telkom's customer service in this regard is absolutly shocking!!!!!

The manager at the call centre can even help to resovle this problem. I am currently on hold. i will never use telkom ever again

TELKOM, please can some one address this issue. As a consumer i have a right to cancel a sevice and be refund accordingly

Established Member

Made the wrong choice by upgrading my contract. Just so many issues from point of sale to bill. The call centre agents are off no help at all. Will defo be taking it up with icasa
Established Member

PLEASE DO NOT WASTE TIME ON TELKOM SPECIAL FORCES VIA TELKOM, SEE BELOW

Please i am begging for somebody to help me receive my deposit back from Telkom, it has been escalated numerous times, have been told somebody will call me, this never happens.Sent my docs to 3 different call center managers, still no response, How do i get my money ?
May 18, 2018, 3:09 PM

please can you help?
May 21, 2018, 5:27 PM

Hi Chris, please tell us how we can assist you.^Frank
May 21, 2018, 11:33 PM
Hi Frank,I am owed a refund on a account that was closed in March of R700.I have provided the docs numerous times and the matter has been escalated by 3 different call centre managers.Each one said it will be sorted out and somebody will call me the same day.This never happens.
RCM
ID.
30 Arnold RD,Kraaifontein.
Please help me.
Regards
Chris
May 22, 2018, 7:33 AM

Please call me on 0769206334
May 22, 2018, 8:02 AM

Frank?
May 22, 2018, 10:03 AM

ok, since you do not even have the courtesy to respond to me, i will now approach ICASA for help
Wed 9:13 AM

Hi Chris, sorry for the delay, the query is in hand with our credit management team, we have escalated and requested feedback, they will be in contact with you. ^Anele
Thu 3:45 PM
Many thanks, i am sure you are trying your best, but it has been escalated countless times and i have been told somebody will call me more times than i can count
Thu 3:47 PM

Escalation numbers as follows

26th Feb 22562321

19th March 22761803

16th April 22761803

16th May 23379872
Thu 3:49 PM

Hi, we will follow up and get back with feedback. ^ML
Mon 8:56 AM
Thank you
Mon 9:02 AM

Hi there you are welcome thank you ^YS
Mon 1:07 PM
Hi, Please advise what now, because this is exactly what happened with all the other people who tried to help, they escalated, and then that is where it stays,The escalation dept will not give you feedback?
Yesterday, 8:53 AM

Hi chrisspeedy5, we do apologize for the delay. The pending fault reference indicates the fault awaits the next available field technician. We have further escalated with a request for urgent feedback regarding a possible ETA to resolve. Further available updates will be provided as soon as possible. ^Frank
Yesterday, 11:57 PM
Hi Frank, I do not know whether to laugh or cry.I do not need a technician at all!!
I need my deposit paid back to me,but since you do not even know what you supposed to be escalating,I have zero confidence in receiving help from you lot.
6:53 AM

6:53 AM
I have now enlisted the help of ICASA to get my money back as all you lot do is Escalate the problem ,which means resolutely nothing
6:55 AM

Highlighted

I have been trying to get my refund for more than 35 days. Every week I will phone and all they can say is that they will escalate my query. Is there a email address or number I can phone to get more help with this. It would be much appreciated.

Established Member

Will send details shortly, driving to office.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

IS A REFUND POSSIBLE WITH TELKOM?

What exactly does Telkom want and how much time do they need to process refunds?

This is beyond a joke!

I have lost my patience at least 5 months ago, after having waited 2 months which I thought at the time to be reasonable. Now that I am waiting 7 months, I have no tolerance for this crap!

Did you ever get your refund?

About This Post
  • 10 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 8 Contributors