Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member
Accepted Solution

SMS bill reminder

Today I received an SMS from Telkom reminding me that my bill is due to be paid by 26th April. However, I have already paid this bill on line by credit card at Telkoms web site on 8th April, and also have an emailed confirmation from Telkom that my payment was successful, so what is this SMS about? Is it just a reminder to all users about deadlines or does it mean Telkom has some billing problem?. I tried to phone, but got tired of wating, tried to chat on line to support but eventually gave up after waiting forever. Does anyone know anything about this new SMS? (never had one before)    

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: SMS bill reminder

@cat66 You are also able to log into the Telkom Website and view your bill and balance - https://login.telkom.co.za/eservices

Highlighted
Established Member

Logging in is no help, every month, for weeks after I have paid the bill on line, it still shows on line as an unpaid invoice. This has happened for years, so I have no idea when Telkom updates that, even though I have received Telkoms confirmation of payment email it seems to have no effect on the on line bill status.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

@cat66 I can advise that we are in the process of a complete overall for our web and phone apps that will hopefully fix these issues. This is due in the next few months.

Highlighted
Established Member

Thank you very much for the reply, as long as Telkom knows my bill was paid weeks ago, that is fine but I jope the new system sorts it all out

Highlighted
Established Member

This month it seems to be fixed, I got the notification and the bill was on line at the same time.

Sorry to put this here, but its a long time since I posted a new topic, and I cant figure out how to do a new topic post, but I got an SMS from Telkom, listing my contact details, but one email address is wrong in the SMS, which tells me to phone 10210 to correct. However, the people at 10210 say they cant see my email addresses, so what am I supposed to do?

I am sure someone can remind me of the steps for posting a new topic, and if so I will move the above to the correct place

Highlighted
Established Member

OK, forget about that, I figured out how to correct the email address, by using 'manage my account'. Any reminders of how to post a new topic on the forum will be appeciated, I am sure I am just being dumb, but I cant see where to do it.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Hi @cat66 To post a new topic -

1. Select the Category related to you query
  2. Select the relevant board
  3. Click on New Message

Image1.jpg

Highlighted
Established Member

Thanks, that is actually very simple, dont know why I had a problem with it before

Highlighted

I have received this message over the last 2 days 23 times, and my bill is already paid, if only.Telkom was as efficient at solving service issues which take weeks to resolve wed all be much happier, seriously 23 messages for a payment due by the 26th which is already paid, third world company
About This Post
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 Contributors