Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Services suspended due to credit limit exceeded

My experience in Summary:

* DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT - TAKE OUT ANY ADDITIONAL TELKOM SERVICES - you WILL regret it

* Telkom imposes a credit limit on customers and then schedule debit orders that exceed the limit

* They then suspend you without the payment being due (account not in arrears), or giving you any warning

* Their Customer Service Agents (I have spoken to 14 different agents to far) are incompetent and none will take your query through to resolution, in fact they each tell you a different story 

* There's never any managers around to escalate to. "they knock off at 4pm" or "they're busy on another escalation"

* They promise to call you back and send you mails confirming what you discussed - but they never do so

* Nobody gets back to you on social media (twitter) or hello peter, or their 'instant chat'

* The Telkom stores claim they can't assist you with billing issues

* It's been a week and counting and they still haven't reinstated my services (which were suspended because of THEIR inefficiencies in the first place)

* I'm waiting for my two contracts to expire and after that I will never take up Telkom services again. Like ever. In my life - and neither will any of my family or friends (if I can help it)

**************************************************************************************************************************************

I have an existing Broadband Wireless package with Telkom. Mid-Feb I added a Cellphone Contract. They stated that they won't bill me at the end of Feb, instead they would double-bill me at the end of March. The statement received 1 March reflected accordingly. The bill gets paid via Debit Order.

On the 7th of March I received a nondescript sms, merely stating "Your account for customer xxxx has been suspended due to Credit limit". No warning. 

I phoned Telkom twice on Thursday, spoke to two different agents - neither of them could tell me why my account was suspsended, but claimed they would 'look into it'

I phoned again on the Friday, this time the agent told me that I needed to make a payment because the Credit limit that THEY imposed, was exceeded by the debit order THEY scheduled. I paid the amount requested on Friday afternoon.

I phoned again on Saturday, they told me that it will take 24-48 hours to reflect. On Monday, services were still not restored and this time the agent told me that I needed to send a Proof of Payment (which I did, to her mail address provided)

Monday afternoon I phoned back and they said they don't see the payment. This time the agent gave me another email address to send the proof of payment to (documents-tm@telkom.co.za) The agent said it will take 24 hrs to be "automatically unsuspended"

24 hours later (now Tuesday) I phoned again, this time the agent said it takes 48 hours, and "I must just wait"

48 hours later (now Wednesday) I phoned again, this agent told me that the payment reflected yesterday but I'm still suspended and need to call to ask to be unsuspended - which will take another 24 hours.

It's 24 hours later (now Thursday) and my services are still not restored. Today the excuse is "they have a systems upgrade and can't access their system to check"

Re: Services suspended due to credit limit exceeded

Update:

* Phoned again now, and was told that Telkom doesn't issue "reference numbers"

* I have to wait another 24 hours for "Collections" to resolve my query

I just experienced a similar situation... and all the procedures you went through are identical.... this makes me wonder... why am I doing business with them!!!

Commonly we attain confused when we finally hear the exact terms website development service in addition to internet developer getting used interchangeably. But thoughts is broken done looking over this, all your individual confusions may perhaps disappear. Poof! 

wuxiaworld

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors