Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

The new statement does not have a detailed usage report !!

The previous invoices listed all the calls I made, to other landlines and mobile numbers, together with the date, time and duration of the call.

The new statement does not have this info.

I called 10210 and after speaking to a consultant who could not answer any of my questions, including this one, I was told that her team leader said that the new system does not provide this info. Customers need to call in each month to ask ask a consultant to email them this info.

The consultant I spoke to said that she had emailed it to me, but I still haven't received it.

But most importantly, this is a NEW system which should have BETTER functionality, not LESS! Never mind the impact on the call centre with customers calling in each month to request this information and the network traffic to email it all.

It just does not make any sense to me.

Valued Contributor

Re: The new statement does not have a detailed usage report !!

Hi @DaleneP,

I share your frustration, particularly as  011/021/031 ex  'Telkom' numbers can been ported to other providers . Calls to those numbers were free on certain packages but only if the calls terminated on Telkom network .

The website link to verify if numbers terminate on Telkom network isn't working properly,  so some surprise unidentifiable charges may be imminent. 

Hopefully the new format is in trial stage and will be modfied - Telkom website still says itemised billing is free on emailed bills :-https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/help/personal/faq/how-do-i-set-itemised-billing/   : - 

"How do I set up itemised billing?

Talk To Us and we will help you set it up. This service costs R17.00 per month for contract customers if you want to receive it via post and it’s free if you want to receive your bill via email."

Try posting this to one of the social media teams , they usually respond well :

Facebook: TelkomZA
Twitter:   @telkomza

Meanwhile please do keep us posted - did you receive the promised email  ?

Established Member

[ Edited ]

Hi @DaleneP,

Hi Kathy1,

Please see my replies in pink, bold, italics - imbedded in your email below.

I share your frustration, particularly as  011/021/031 ex  'Telkom' numbers can been ported to other providers . Calls to those numbers were free on certain packages but only if the calls terminated on Telkom network .

The website link to verify if numbers terminate on Telkom network isn't working properly,  so some surprise unidentifiable charges may be imminent. 

What do the above 2 lines have to do with my question? My question is about the new statement for my LANDINE.

Hopefully the new format is in trial stage and will be modfied.

Hopefully? Is it in trial stage or not?

- Telkom website still says itemised billing is free on emailed bills :-https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/help/personal/faq/how-do-i-set-itemised-billing/   : - 

"How do I set up itemised billing?

Talk To Us and we will help you set it up. This service costs R17.00 per month for contract customers if you want to receive it via post and it’s free if you want to receive your bill via email."

I'm talking to you now: I am a customer who receives my bills via email. So why was itemised billing not included in my last statement?

Try posting this to one of the social media teams , they usually respond well :

Then what is the use of this Telkom forum if I also need to post via Facebook and Twitter?

Meanwhile please do keep us posted - did you receive the promised email  ?

No, I have not received the promised email!

Valued Contributor

Hello again @DaleneP

The community forum isn't a service channel and is not manned by Telkom service agents. We're also customers with no other link to Telkom - just trying to help out f we can.  

That said, we know how frustrating these issues are and can usually redirect you to the right support channels where our own, or other customers issues were resolved in the past.

Hope this helps explain my reply .

Regards,

Kathy 

Established Member

Thank-you and apologies, Kathy1. I misunderstood and thought you were a Telkom agent. I admire you for being a customer trying to help other Telkom customers.

Kind regards,

Dalene.

Valued Contributor

Hi @DaleneP

Thanks for this , glad to help if I can.

I found call centre agents are very helpful but can't always give definitive answers so frustration sets in  ... I've seen lots of issues attended / resolved quickly by the media support teams . 

Pretty sure other customers will also miss the itemised billing so it'lll be great if you get a proper reply and keep us posted ! 

Regards,

Kathy

Established Member

I've worked out that the invoices which are sent automatically by Telkom each month cut off the last page (page 9). If I call in to 10210 and ask the agent to email me a copy of my invoice, it contains the 9th page with the full list of itemised numbers. The bill which I receive from Telkom has this page missing each month. How can I get this issue logged with Telkom's IT department?

IAK

I have had the same ridiculous experience. It would be helpful if someone at Telkom can take charge of this problem and resolve it asap.

In addition, the waste of paper where redundant information is being repeated month after month.

Telkom should just provide a link to the web;

1. For anyone wants to know how to read a statement !

IAK

I fully agree,  I have had the same ridiculous experience.

I even emailed and received a copy of the same statement without any changes.

It seems that the employees in charge just do not understand the Q or are not interested. 

It would be helpful if someone at Telkom can take charge of this problem and resolve it asap.

In addition, Telkom can save the environment by cutting down on the unnecessary paper and money wastage (or time wastage to page down an email) on redundant information being rehashed month after month. 

Telkom should just provide a link to the web;

1. For anyone wants to know how to read a statement !

2. For anyone who wants to know more about their products.

Can we please have an efficient administration of our monthly accounts by someone who understands the needs of their cusomers?

And please, do assign a survey company to establish common sense issues.

@DaleneP wrote:

The previous invoices listed all the calls I made, to other landlines and mobile numbers, together with the date, time and duration of the call.

I called 10210 and after speaking to a consultant who could not answer any of my questions, including this one, I was told that her team leader said that the new system does not provide this info. Customers need to call in each month to ask ask a consultant to email them this info.

The consultant I spoke to said that she had emailed it to me, but I still haven't received it.

But most importantly, this is a NEW system which should have BETTER functionality, not LESS! Never mind the impact on the call centre with customers calling in each month to request this information and the network traffic to email it all.

@DaleneP wrote:

Valued Contributor

Hi @IAK

Wholeheartedly agree with your great suggestions.   Kudos to you,  but Telkom won't see your post here -  we're customers on this forum so a post to a Telkom social media channel and /or email to support@Telkom.co.za should get Telkom's attention :-

Regards, 

Kathy

About This Post
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 Contributors