Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Unable to unsubscribe from showmax

Greetings,
Could you please assist in this regard as the subject states. I have been trying to unsubscribe from showmax with no success. Could you please assist.

On the other hand, I cannot cancel my subscription from showmax as it refers me to Telkom.

Your response and advice will be highly appreciated.
Highlighted

Re: Unable to unsubscribe from showmax

I have exactly the same problem. Someone from Telkom actually phoned me and assured me that it has been cancelled and that I would not have to pay for Showmax. Unfortunately when I received my bill Telkom did charge me. WHAT MUST ONE DO TO GET SHOWMAX CANCELLED???

Highlighted

Re: Unable to unsubscribe from showmax

Had the same issue, called the call centre, waited almost an hour before I spoke to someone, and advised the site does have the option to subscribe, to showmax , and don't have the option to unsubscribe, it's like they deliberately want us to keep paying for this subscription, even if we don't use the service anymore.  I advised the call centre agent that an unsubscribe button needs to be added to this Showmax option.  The call centre agent advised that she had to excallate to higher levels to get this unsubscribed... what a nightmare.  Showmax is nice and easy to activate, but to deactivate, is a complete nightmare... to all those that thinks about subscribing, think nicely if it's worth the stress, it you decide to stop it one day. Telkom needs to seriously find better ways of making things more user friendly for their clients.

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors