Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Unable to unsubscribe showmax

Telkom, I have been requesting you to cancel the showmax accounts linked to my profile for months now. There is no option to unsubscribe on the Telkom portal. On the showmax website it refers me back to telkom account. Please assist, I am not using this and want to stop paying showmax.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Unable to unsubscribe showmax

hi @Moeketsi22 am i correct in assuming you signed up with shomax, and they linked the showmax bolt-on to your telkom account? or did you sign up with telkom and choose the bolt-on separately? Can you not deactivate the entertainment bol-on throught the telkom customer portal?

@goatfish I added the showmax through the Telkom portal, now I am not able to remove this from telkom side, showmax refers me to telkom if I want to discontinue thier account. On the Telkom side there is not option to deactivate showmax, only one I see is to add showmax to existing telkom account.
Contributor

@Moeketsi22, send an email to support@telkomsa.net to get it removed. It seems if you add it via their portal, then their ISP (Telkom Internet) needs to remove it.

Good day I am having the same issue, how did you go about unsubscribing to Showmax?

I am glad to see I am not the only one with this problem. Trying to get hold of someone is a nightmare. the relevant sales department just do not answer their phones.

All I want is to cancel my Showmax. This is the worst service from Telkom.

Is there anyone with some suggestions?

Thx

Johan

Hi,

I had the same problem, it is so easy to get the service, but cancelling it is near impossible.

I had eventually gotten hold of someone at telkom and they advised that I would need to complete a Consumer Request for Conract and Service Cancellation form.

Along with this form you need to send a certified copy of the account holders ID to servcancellation@telkom.co.za

It takes 20 business days from the date they received this e-mail for the service to be stopped.

I have only completed my form now, so I do not know if this works.

Good luck to anyone trying to unsubscribe from this service.

Hi,

See my previous reply.

I have finally located the link for the said form.

https://tlkm.link/ConsCancell.

you have to call the call centre and they have to escallate to get it removed off your account.... 

you have to call the 081180 call centre and remove it that way, they have to escallate it to get it off your account.  Really bad service, if the put an unsubscribe button on the site, next to the subscribe button, things would be so easy.  I wouldn't advise anyone to join showmax via telkom, rather join directly through showmax.  I much rather prever Netflix, way better and much more userfriendly...

About This Post
  • 12 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 8 Contributors