Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

WHY ARE TELKOM ROBBING ME ???

From day one I have been robbed with a very clever little gem invented by someone at TELKOM.

1. I agree to a debit order NOT BEFORE the 1st of the MONTH as I do not get paid before the LAST WORKING DAY (include SATURDAY)

2. telkom ignore and run a debit order for R499 on the 25TH of the month !!??

3. Debit order fails and Telkom smartly ADD a "fine" of R200 !!!!!!!! (what !!???)

4. Just to prove who is boss, telkom run ANOTHER DEBIT order on the 27th !!!!!!!!!! (yip you got it, failure = ANOTHER R200 added)

5. Finally as per the AGREED debit date telkom run the debit order and it fails BECAUSE now telkom wants to take R499+R200+R200=R899 !!! ???

6. You guessed it, the BILL is now R1099.00 ..............

NO TELKOM THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO STEAL MONEY from a pensioner or ANY OTHER CUSTOMER ........

Highlighted

Re: WHY ARE TELKOM ROBBING ME ???

Absolutely - the same thing has happend to me - getting hold of anyone telephonically is as a challenge as having the problem seen to - they are quick to sign people up but has no clue to keep their customer 

@TswAngry wrote:

From day one I have been robbed with a very clever little gem invented by someone at TELKOM.

1. I agree to a debit order NOT BEFORE the 1st of the MONTH as I do not get paid before the LAST WORKING DAY (include SATURDAY)

2. telkom ignore and run a debit order for R499 on the 25TH of the month !!??

3. Debit order fails and Telkom smartly ADD a "fine" of R200 !!!!!!!! (what !!???)

4. Just to prove who is boss, telkom run ANOTHER DEBIT order on the 27th !!!!!!!!!! (yip you got it, failure = ANOTHER R200 added)

5. Finally as per the AGREED debit date telkom run the debit order and it fails BECAUSE now telkom wants to take R499+R200+R200=R899 !!! ???

6. You guessed it, the BILL is now R1099.00 ..............

NO TELKOM THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO STEAL MONEY from a pensioner or ANY OTHER CUSTOMER ........

Highlighted

I think the Minister must investigate this provider we can't be ripped off like this
Highlighted

Definately should be looked in to...I mean the level of inconsitencies when it comes to sms notifications on how much is your monthly instalments is really not one. Im on my second instalment (started March 2020) and already my instalment moved from the agreed upon R119 to R490 and then again to R341... according to sms i received on the same day!!! what do you call that..?

Highlighted

I think it should be looked into...i mean the incosistent sms giving different figures on monthly instalement rates is not on. Im on my second instalment(started March 2020), but already received sms for April saying my monthly instalment is R490.9 then a second sms came in saying R341. Whereas the initial agreed upon is R119. Like whatup with that...??? its like a trap of some sort.

Highlighted

I am now paying double the amount of cotract we agreed upon, i don't understand why
About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 Contributors