Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

line barred and its the 10th day after it has been paid

I have called your call centre several times today, as my line was barred. I tried finding out what happened. I spoke to 5 different consultants and each consultant told me a different story and each one promised that the bar was lifted on their end and that they could see it and I shouls just restart my line. My line is still barred and I need my phone to be on . I finally got through to a manager who explained that because I had skipped payment in June, my line is barred now. I agree I was late with payment in June as I have been explained by the last manager that payment in June was not on time. I have however made full payment of every outstanding balance on 25 July 2019. It has been 10 days since you debited my account for the full amount due and now you have barred my line. I called in previously to your call centre and asked the consultant cap both my lines. According to the consultant at that time,  it was done. I took it was done, as I had called in and you confirmed that I should not worry about it. My line then came to an amount of money which I had not catered for as I was not expecting that amount as I have spoken to telkom about it. I enquired about my bill in the beginning of July and told everything has been paid and up by the manager. I also requested again, that my line gets capped and I was explained by the consultant how to do it myself.  When the huge amount when off on 25/07/2019 I checked and saw that payment was rejected in June, due to it not being the agreed amount. I could not understand this as your manager and consultant confirmed that the payment was successful on 25/07/2019. Throughout the month I got messages for late payment, I would then phone telkom to enquire and get told, to ignore it as everythign is in order. The issue that I am having is that you have now taken the full amount on 25/07/2019 but now I have to fight with you to reconnect my line. I do not owe you. It is 10 days after payment has made. The last call centre manager I spoke to today the 05/08/2019, told me that I should wait 10 to 15 days for him to reconnect my line. I find it disrespectful, as he can see my account is up to date. I also would like you to investigate, why when my one line was barred, the other line was also not barred. Please investigate all the way back to the original call of when I made that request. If not resolved, I too can take this further. Please train your people how to read bills and also train them not to confirm things, if they are not sure. It is my responsibility to pay my bill and it is also your responsibility to confirm that there is an amount due and not to say that I am okay and you can see the payment, if it is a lie. Please phone or email me. 

Re: line barred and its the 10th day after it has been paid

My line is still barred. You debited my account on 25/07/2019 and only allocated the payment on 05/08/2019 as per your automated system. I made over 5 calls yesterday. Your consultants can't seem to figure out what the problem is but no- one is escalating. As a ticket to escape, everybody asks that I restart my handset and no-one bother's to follows through, resulting in me having to call up and start from over. By the way, each consultant drew their own assumptions... Pathetic service. Will you compensate me for the days I had no network? Please use the that money and train your staff. No-one knows what is happening..... I emailed one of your directors and also customer care, guess who is still waiting on a response... worst service.... 

Re: line barred and its the 10th day after it has been paid

I dunno why I received an email to confirm if this had been resolved, but nobody bothered to assist me. I resolved it myself by cancelling both my contracts.

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 Contributor