Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

14MTHS, over 15 agents later & no feedback on cancellation

I would like advice on what would result in the quickest resolution of my outstanding issue.

As a community of fellow users, what worked for you?

Do I have to resort to Consumer watch or Carte Blanche to finally have someone to come back to me?

Or do I have to go onto the crime line to report fraudulent Telkom yr end results & the ongoing 'theft' of money owed to me?

Or is this the platform that finally gets a response?

The below is just a few contacts & does not include the numerous visits to Telkom shops or the contact and visits made by my betrothed.

14/03/2017 449900653758 cancelled & an email came back to acknowledge Telkom's receipt. Attended to by Nonguando. At this stage I had overpaid into my account and was owed money.

18/11/2017 Called 10210 - Sene Tembe confirmed that my line was not cancelled & I now owed Telkom money. I resent the form and proof of the receipt to nxles1@telkom.co.za 

15/03/2018 Called 10210 - Tricia returned my call from the direct shop. To confirm again that my line was not cancelled and I now owed Telkom more money

16/03/2018 Called 10210 - Thembisa,Sylvia Gcobisa confirmed that the line was still not cancelled and I now owed approx. R1500. I again forwarded all my docs to JavuGS@telkom.co.za, who then copied me into her email to Fixed Retentions escalation fre@telkom.co.za

15/05/2018 Called 10210 - Simankele confirmed that the line was still not cancelled and I now owed R1990.10. I again forwarded all my docs to mqanans@telkom.co.za who confirmed receipt. He assured me that he had spoken to the top of the billing department. He had conveyed my extreme frustration, my many contacts & efforts, and that although I had always been assured that someone would come back to me, no one had. Simankele requested if I had ever been given a dispute number to which I replied that I had not.

He had escalated my case to Selo Jama who had been given my cell number. Until today I have not had a single call back.

The call centre staff have been helpful and understanding but it seems to be that I will need to contact Sipho Maseko in order to get the billing department to come back to me, let alone resolve my issue.

About This Post
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 Contributor