Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

90 YEARS OLD AND FIGHTING TO GET REFUND OF R700

Please please please help me! I have tried every avenue to get my 90 year old aunt's deposit of R700 back when we discontinued her Telkom line last December. She had no service during December but still had to pay for the line, which I did. I've visited Telkom offices, been told to contact Accounts, phoned/emailed/phoned again/emailed 3 times and provided all documentation they have asked for apart from her DNA sample! I get absolutely NO RESPONSE. So I'd like to know - what happens to the presumably many, R700 rand deposits, which Telkom does not return to customers who's money it IS... the Telkom Christmas party? I am so angry... my aunt is in a frail care room, disabled, and has very little money. This R700 may not seem like much but she is on a tiny pension and needs this money desperately - and its HERS !! NOT Telkom's, even if they have made some interest on it in the past couple of years !! This is fraud, keeping money that belongs to someone else -- so shall I take Telkom to the Credit Bureau ?!

Frequent Contributor

Re: 90 YEARS OLD AND FIGHTING TO GET REFUND OF R700

hi @Carol-Lindsay best bet woul dbe to have the accounts guys log a dipute for your aunt. if you've already exhausted that road, try the social chnanels for Twitter: @HelloTelkom and Facbook/TelkomZA. They can assist tohave a rep look into what's owed to your aunt.

to Re: 90 YEARS OLD AND FIGHTING TO GET REFUND OF R700

[ Edited ]

Re: to Re: 90 YEARS OLD AND FIGHTING TO GET REFUND OF R700

Thank you for the reply which is appreciated. I have today managed to get a step further and a very helpful lady at Telkom Accounts has logged a request for refund... I  even have a reference number, so here's hoping !!

Re: to Re: 90 YEARS OLD AND FIGHTING TO GET REFUND OF R700

Hi Carol

I am sitting in exactly the same boat as you. Also cancelled in Dec already. How did you manage to get a hold of anyone at Telkom if I may ask?

I am sure they are pocketing alot of R700 deposits... 

Established Member

Hi, I too am struggerling to get my deposit back from Telkom, the matter has been escalated countless times with no responce, i tried twitter and facebook, no responce, spoke to different managers at different Telkom call centres, all who promised to help once i had sent them my documents, and now refuse to even reply to my mails.

Can i lay a charge of theft against Telkom????

I also recieved many reference numbers, unfortuantly that is as far as it goes!!!

Established Member

Hi, I too am struggerling to get my deposit back from Telkom, the matter has been escalated countless times with no responce, i tried twitter and facebook, no responce, spoke to different managers at different Telkom call centres, all who promised to help once i had sent them my documents, and now refuse to even reply to my mails.

Can i lay a charge of theft against Telkom????

I also recieved many reference numbers, unfortuantly that is as far as it goes!!!

Valued Contributor

Hi @robertchristoph

Sorry to see this happening to you  - so frustrating not getting decent feedback .

Not sure what details you’ve already supplied to Telkom but you’ll need their formal complaint ref if you want to take the matter further.

Try a ‘final’ resend (or lodge a new complaint) to a Telkom media channel & email the same to support@telkom.co.za .  

Be sure to include your Telkom subscriber details , the dates & refs they’ve given you, and names of support agents you spoke with.   Say you require satisfactory resolution confirmed in writing within 48 hours or you have no option left but to lodge a complaint with ICASA.  

Good luck, hope this helps. Please keep us posted as others may have similar issues.

Established Member

Many Thanks Kathy,

Will try as you suggest and let all know the outcome

Established Member

Hi all, 

I have nbo other option but to approach ICASA now to try and get my money back, tried the support mail, but that was ignored, did manage to get a Frank to ask what the problem was via Twitter, but as soon as i mention deposit to be repaid, he disapeared and would not answer anymore.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch! Please choose an option from the 3 provided below to find out more and get help.
Fri 3:07 PM
Get help from Special forces

Please let us know which service you are querying?
Landline (ADSL and Fibre)
Please i am begging for somebody to help me receive my deposit back from Telkom, it has been escalated numerous times, have been told somebody will call me, this never happens.Sent my docs to 3 different call center managers, still no response, How do i get my money ?
Fri 3:09 PM

please can you help?
Mon 5:27 PM

Hi Chris, please tell us how we can assist you.^Frank
Mon 11:33 PM

Please call me on 0769206334
Sent

Frank?
Yesterday, 10:03 AM

About This Post
  • 11 replies
  • 3 kudos