Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CABLE faulty so landline and ADSL line not working and it will take 3 weeks to fix - solutions?

HI there,

Wonder if anyone knows how you get around this problem:

Landline and ADSL line went down mid March - I logged a fault with telkom on their online system (14 March 2019). That worked well as a nice technician came out the next day.  He worked out that it was a cable fault.  He said he would tell TELKOM abt the problem. Seems he is an 'outsourced' worker - not directly working with TELKOM but working for them.  Great i thought - fault logged and sorted and should be repaired relatively soon.

That was not the case:  I have been phoning telkom everyday (10210). Problem still not resolved (here i will not go into the details about the various interesting strategies i was told to employ: like if you see an opensource van in the neighbourhood ask them for progress etc / and how they said it was a bulk problem one day and then it was not the next day and how recently they said it was my service provider MWEB's problem - and MWEB said it was not their problem it was TELKOM's)

Yesterday a second technincian came out.  He figured that the cable was faulty (same diagnosis as Technician # 1 on 15th March 2019).

[Now that seems an unnecessary delay and a waste of resources - 12 days later you come up with the same diagnosis and nothing has changed in the interim)?

Last night i discoverd that my landline is working - but working next door in my neighbour's house - so its got switched somewhere along the line.  And there is nothing telkom can do about this - they can only switch it back when the cable is fixed - so if my neighbour decides to phone friends and family overseas - and spend lots of my money - there is nothing i can do about it.

Today the telkom service consultant said it will take 3 weeks for the cable to be fixed - and i work from home - so without landline and ADSL line - it will be 1.5 months with no connectivity.   Any ideas from 'the community' about who i can speak to in telkom / what i can do about a faulty cable that will down for another 3 weeks?

Trying to remain calm - but hard in situations like this,

NIkki

About This Post
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 Contributor