Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Cry or accept bad service from Telkom and its service providers? FLLA

My FLLA was delivered 10 days ago after the Telkom designated courier service initially went to the totally incorrect town and place (Telkom gave 2 addresses - one 5 years old -and the courier service did not check like most do). As instructed by Telkom I gave the papers necessary to be RICA'd to the courier when they finally pitched. And guess what ... copper line dead, FLLA gives a fault message namely that it has an invalid sim in and Telkom claims (after phoning them from my non-telkom mobile $$) that I am not rica'd. Who dropped which ball? Courier-it? Telkom? or both? Seriously I should stop being so positive about service delivery in South Africa from any parastatal and their sidekicks. Will this ever be solved - I doubt it. FYI - Telkom approached me with the offer and I decided to accept although I was on the verge of closing my account. Should have stayed with my gut feeling.

Valued Contributor

Re: Cry or accept bad service from Telkom and its service providers? FLLA

Hi @Pieta1234

Sorry to hear that , extremely frustrating for you - can’t help much re service issues ( we’re customers in the forum) , but try messaging a complaint with your contract details to a Telkom social media team for decent response & feedback. They usually revert quickly.

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

and/or email to support@telkom.co.za

Hope this helps, good luck.

Established Member

Thank you Kathy1.

FYI the email address no longer works which I think is typical?

Valued Contributor

Hi @Pieta1234

Thanks for update, hope you came right with their media support ?

Highlighted
Established Member

@Kathy1 thank you. I finally sorted out the problem via the accounts department. (Can you believe it). They are also the most helpful and the only department that was willing to either transfer me to another department (where nothing got done) or write the required email themselves (which sales should have done). In this exercise I discovered a toll-free number, quite useful since I did not have a telkom mobile and my copper line was dead. Anyway ..... a technician reacting on the email from the accounts department, did his magic on a Saturday and my landline via FLLA was finally working.

Valued Contributor

Hi @Pieta1234

😊

You're welcome - good to hear they finally got you connected. Often takes a while ( and much patience) for their departments to update each other - but yes I've also found accounts very helpful.

Please  share the toll free number you used and mark your post resolved to help others who might be waiting for FLLA connection, thanks. 

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 Contributors