Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I escalate an escalation and find out what's going on?

I applied for an old-fashioned landline on the 03/01/2018 and on the same day received an SMS stating that the Openserve technician would come by on 06/01/2018 to do the installation. It would be an all-day appointment and even though I had birthday weekend plans I cancelled them to wait for the tech who didn't show up or at least inform me that they would not be able to come.

I phoned the 10210 and was told to try 10213. I phoned and followed the instructions to get to the right extension (1-1-2) but there is no answer. I went onto the online chat platform, multiple times, and the operators tell me to phone 10213 and I keep telling them no one picks up and they keep telling me that the number works. I've tried for the past week and wasted hundreds of rands worth of airtime. It doesn't work.

I went on Facebook and my issue was "escalated" and a fault number was provided for a fault that was fixed in 2011 (Fault 19366). I went to a Telkom direct store where my number was entered for a call centre agent to phone me back in "5-30" minutes, still waiting for that call. A few days later went back to the store and my issue was once again "escalated". I tried the 10213 number and the chat again today and no-one has contacted me since.

I can still see my order number (186239116A) and I was able to view my missed appointment which I attempted to move after the fact and now the order number returns no appointments.

How the hell do I get someone to contact me or tell me what went wrong and how to reschedule my appointment?

Re: How do I escalate an escalation and find out what's going on?

@RoelofDeJwrote:

I applied for an old-fashioned landline on the 03/01/2018 and on the same day received an SMS stating that the Openserve technician would come by on 06/01/2018 to do the installation. It would be an all-day appointment and even though I had birthday weekend plans I cancelled them to wait for the tech who didn't show up or at least inform me that they would not be able to come.

I phoned the 10210 and was told to try 10213. I phoned and followed the instructions to get to the right extension (1-1-2) but there is no answer. I went onto the online chat platform, multiple times, and the operators tell me to phone 10213 and I keep telling them no one picks up and they keep telling me that the number works. I've tried for the past week and wasted hundreds of rands worth of airtime. It doesn't work.

I went on Facebook and my issue was "escalated" and a fault number was provided for a fault that was fixed in 2011 (Fault 19366). I went to a Telkom direct store where my number was entered for a call centre agent to phone me back in "5-30" minutes, still waiting for that call. A few days later went back to the store and my issue was once again "escalated". I tried the 10213 number and the chat again today and no-one has contacted me since.

I can still see my order number (186239116A) and I was able to view my missed appointment which I attempted to move after the fact and now the order number returns no appointments.

How the hell do I get someone to contact me or tell me what went wrong and how to reschedule my appointment?

About This Post
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors